• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hourly Rates for attachments on 289D CTL?

Metalman 55

I am curious to know what kind of an hourly rate increase to charge for an attachment like this 72" Cat Brush Hog type attachment, mounted on the CTL that I purchased along with the 2019 279D skidsteer recently. It is not a high flow machine, however the machine handles the brush cutter very nicely. This happens to be the largest brush cutters they could match up to the machine because of no high flow.

I charge $95/hr for the machine with just a bucket on it.

Just curious to know what others charge with attachments such as this when mounted on the CTL?

Attachments

• 20200711_102729.jpg
    20200711_102729.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 18

CMC76

To get to that cost, first you need to determine what its costing you.
For my personal machine, I dont hire it out. For our company equipment first take your cost+ fuel+ maintenance + depreciation. Thats your EQ rate. Then your time. Then your attachment cost. Owned? Rented? Maintenance cost?
Next is your mob cost, unless you bill that separately.
Finally any overhead and profit.
Then divide that out into your hours. We work 5-10 as a base rate. So 200 / mo easy math.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I agree with CMC76 on figuring your costs and pricing accordingly to make a profit. That is how everyone should be pricing their hourly rates. That needs to be done before the machine is bought in addition to finding out what your competition charges. Sometimes a market is saturated with "Bubba's and a backhoe" that hire out for pennies doing shitty work. So both operating expenses and the competitions pricing is an important part of any business plan.

For the sake of conversation you and I are close in what we charge for a 279D so we'll assume you and I are on the same page profitability wise.

Our 279's rarely go out on just hourly rent as they are support machines for hard bid jobs. Internal rate on bid jobs for a 279D with a bucket is $85 plus 15% markup which comes to $97.75 per HR.

If I put a mower on one I charge out $135 an hour for the increased fuel usage and the attachment. Mob is $125 each way. Still hard to make any real money for me.

CMC76

Another option is you can look for your AED rate on equipment watch, most equipment under contract goes for somewhere in the 75%-85% AED.
However my methods are more for large commercial work. Smaller projects you may just need to do the math on your break even point