• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hour Meter Question 2006 John Deere 200C

joelmatt89

Looking at this John Deere that is going to auction, its a couple hours from me so wondering if I should make the drive to look at it or if it's a waste of time. The machine looks like it was very well maintained from photos and videos, farmer owned, auctioneer says everything they sell of this guy's is meticulous. However, the information display isn't working and it appears to have a check engine light. Also they have a photo of what looks like an aftermarket hour meter. I'm not that familiar with these machines to know is that an aftermarket hour meter or do they have a second one or something?Screenshot_20211118-061322_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20211118-061257_Chrome.jpg

joelmatt89

I guess my confusion is the auctioneer says the previous owner told him it had 8,500 hours on it and that the information display stopped working when they were getting it cleaned up for the auction, said they ran out of time to troubleshoot it. Sounds like a convenient story and that photo look like an aftermarket hour meter to me. If it's reading 8,500 I would think the machine really has quite a few more hours then that. Is my gut right or is there a second meter in the engine bay or something on these machines?