• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Horsin' around with septic fields in the frost..

special tool

Lots of talk about various frost conditions here, so I thought I'd show frost in Westchester, NY this morning on a north slope.
About 14 inches max with the snow now gone for a week or two.

This is septic fields for a historical house that I demoed - back to 1776 spec.
The guy who built this place blew up the bridge to Bedford and consequently diverted the Redcoats to Ridgefield. I could tell he was a demo guy because there was HUNDREDS of yards of 6" bluestone that he ox-carted to the back of the property, that I found when I built the road.
There weren't too many ways to mass-produce 6" bluestone in the 1770's..:D

PS - the 225 ripped up the 14" frost all morning, and I heard NOT a relief valve.;)
PSS....yes, paper passes inspection in Westchester.....

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 942
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 927
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 934
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 936
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 933

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
good to see other people who use rosin paper

special tool

Wow...just noticed.
That first pic - Perry is not THAT big! - About 300 pounds and 6'3", but that pic he is 20 feet away from the Cat.

Thanks for comments, guys.:)

312King

Looks good, that frost suck to make the cuts look straight. Love that 225. how many hours I assume its a D right?

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
septic system

Lots of talk about various frost conditions here, so I thought I'd show frost in Westchester, NY this morning on a north slope.
About 14 inches max with the snow now gone for a week or two.

This is septic fields for a historical house that I demoed - back to 1776 spec.
The guy who built this place blew up the bridge to Bedford and consequently diverted the Redcoats to Ridgefield. I could tell he was a demo guy because there was HUNDREDS of yards of 6" bluestone that he ox-carted to the back of the property, that I found when I built the road.
There weren't too many ways to mass-produce 6" bluestone in the 1770's..:D

PS - the 225 ripped up the 14" frost all morning, and I heard NOT a relief valve.;)
PSS....yes, paper passes inspection in Westchester.....
Just curious, what kind of system you use in your area. I am on the coast in NC, so we dont really have a frost level. Our basic systems are 1000 gal tank, with D-box and 4 50ft+ lines, 18" deep. The really expensive systems, are the mound systems, where we bring in about 60 loads of fill dirt and then install the rock lines in this mound. The really expensive system, are the drip system
Just wondered what system you use
Thanks

special tool

Just curious, what kind of system you use in your area. I am on the coast in NC, so we dont really have a frost level. Our basic systems are 1000 gal tank, with D-box and 4 50ft+ lines, 18" deep. The really expensive systems, are the mound systems, where we bring in about 60 loads of fill dirt and then install the rock lines in this mound. The really expensive system, are the drip system
Just wondered what system you use
Thanks

I have done many according to your outline.
Basically, we follow engineer's orders nowadays....
I am sure you understand.
Connecticut health is MUCH different from New York - the building laws are different as well....
You would not rationally expect such large variances from such geographically similar places....but there you go.
We just listen to our engineers and follow orders.:p

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
man, you ripped frost all day with a deuce and a quarter and no relief valve noise. that thing is tight. how many pilot valve o rings have you changed?

special tool

man, you ripped frost all day with a deuce and a quarter and no relief valve noise. that thing is tight. how many pilot valve o rings have you changed?

Uh-oh....BUSTED!
Okay, so maybe it opened once or twice.....but DEFINITELY not three times.:D

special tool

Six ton heavy duty "H20" 1000 gallon.
Very tight placement.
This picture was taken up on ledge, and you can see the state road in the background.
The property line setback is 10 feet - These tanks are going in about 10"6".***

The second tank off the truck is a 750 H20 pump chamber

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 601
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 617
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:

WesternStar

You had to set the tank with the excavator? The truck always set ours. I'm guessing maybe it was just someplace the truck couldn't get to?

special tool

You had to set the tank with the excavator? The truck always set ours. I'm guessing maybe it was just someplace the truck couldn't get to?

He wanted to squeeze in there, but I have pulled so many trucks out of there and fixed that "road", I wouldn't let him.
One guy who didn't listen to me ripped his fuel tank on a piece of ledge.
I can't pave that road, because the project will become over its impervious soil limit.:rolleyes:

Pecord Exc

When you getting a quick coupler for that 225!!! Save you some money in te long run! We typically use 2 buckets on a septic system, 2' to dig the fields, 40" smooth bucket to pull stone out of the dump truck and grade. faster cleaner, besides you would have been able to pop that bucket off 1-2-3.

If you need material ever let me know. I spent half of last summer running up to Domain's for Bankrun!

hvy 1ton

I see the precast truck has lights in the bumper to keep them below the max headlight height. Is that truck 6x8 or does it just have big rubber? You wouldn't happen to have any more pics would you?

On a sidenote, I've always wondered what that rule really accomplishes, it makes the truck look kinda cool though.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
I see the precast truck has lights in the bumper to keep them below the max headlight height. Is that truck 6x8 or does it just have big rubber? You wouldn't happen to have any more pics would you?

On a sidenote, I've always wondered what that rule really accomplishes, it makes the truck look kinda cool though.

The truck is an all wheel drive, you can see the pumpkin in the picture.

special tool

When you getting a quick coupler for that 225!!! Save you some money in te long run! We typically use 2 buckets on a septic system, 2' to dig the fields, 40" smooth bucket to pull stone out of the dump truck and grade. faster cleaner, besides you would have been able to pop that bucket off 1-2-3.

If you need material ever let me know. I spent half of last summer running up to Domain's for Bankrun!

Will do, thanks.
I should get one, I do use the old girl a lot lately.

special tool

Yep, all wheel drive - its a really nice truck.
I have more pictures of it, but they are from very similar perspective.

special tool

Here's four little duckies, all in a row.
And the little Kubota digging up a 2:1 pump line (over the idlers, of course)***

Attachments

• Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Picture 036.jpg
    Picture 036.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 208