• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Homage bw 172 no fuel. Priming procedure

JRuffryders0930

Hey I have a Bomag bw 172 roller that one of my guys ran out of fuel. Is there a procedure to prime it back up. I am not getting fuel up to the injectors. And I do not see any pump to pump it up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

JRuffryders0930

Nope. Not finding any kind of lever. I removed the fuel pump that runs off the cam shaft and tried pump fuel through it by hand and on the bench but no fuel is going through it. I am thinking it might be the pump. Any ideas

RoadWriter

Running it out of fuel could have sucked some gunk up from the bottom of the tank.

If you've got a BW172, BW172 D, BW172 PD, or BW172 PBD it should have a Deutz F4L 912 in it. Try cleaning the prefilter, then bleeding the fuel system.

A BW172 D-2 or PD-2 should have a Deutz BF4L 1011. In that case, you *shouldn't* have to bleed the fuel system after cleaning the strainer.

Hope it works for ya. Let me know what you find out.

912, Cleaning
Deutz_Filter.jpg
912, Bleeding
Deutz.jpg
1011, Cleaning
1011_Clean.jpg