• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hitachi zx 200lc throttle problem

HATCHEQUIP

On job working on another machine and owner came over and wanted me to check the hitachi out said they had replaced the throttle cable when the muffler melted it and that it now wants to go wide open when they crank it and after it warms up it will start going back to idle he said that they had adjusted linkage and cable and arm on step motor and it will work fine until cut back off . Its not remembering where its at and I don't know the way to program the set up on a hitachi or have manual, have done it numerous times on kobelcos and others. Anyone know the steps to the learning sequence and what the step motor arm adjustments should be ? also the toggle switch by the fuses 3 positions back position has a E next to it I think that's emergency ? then a center and forward position which one is run and which one is learn position ?

hitachi daft

Occupation
plant fitter
Engine learning is the e put key off rev dial down to min auto idle off put switch to e turn on key do not start you will hear the cycle running at the stepping motor when cycle has finished turn key off and put switch in the middle position and thats the engine learning done start engine and adjust cable so the revs idle at about 800 or 900 rpm

HATCHEQUIP

Thanks a lot HD does the arm on the step motor need to be in any certain position or will it find its own and out of curiosity whats the forward position on switch, thanks again

hitachi daft

Occupation
plant fitter
Not sure try and turn on key slacking arm on stepping motor and get someone to start engine and pull cable to get engine to run get the revs to 800 or 900 rpm run engine learning and then fine tune revs should be ok after that hope this helps

HATCHEQUIP

Back on the job site today and went thru the sequence started it up and it goes wide open but after a few seconds the throttle starts working. cut it off and it did the same thing pulled the step motor and then unscrewed the throttle position sensor and found no gear pulled the gear cover off motor and found the gear busted scattered around inside, customer is getting parts for next week.

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
I have almost same problem but cable bent at injecter pump ....Hatchequip how did you remove step motor cover off I tried it was sealed tight scared I was going to break it..
I went thur key on key off and learning switch off and on ....engine starts full or low no full power ...cut engine off restart and totally different ....lol screwy ...I got new cable coming but im pullin step motor to make sure nothing went wrong there to bend cable and bend new one

HATCHEQUIP

Turn it up so you dont loose oil, that would be shaft down, then I took knife blade to seem and tapped back of blade to force crack on opposite sides then worked off by inserting screwdriver and twisting. How did you bend cable at inj. pump?

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Dont know how it got bent ...but wouldnt throttle wide open
Saw cable bent and reordered new cable ....Thanks Hatch