• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Zaxis 200-1 fast travel only

Bosvark Kzn

I need some advise please. My Zaxis 200-1 (13000 hours) fast travel only and it's really struggling to rotate the under carriage. First I had an electrician check the electrics out and it's all good according to him, but it is possible he missed something. So next I overhauled the centre rotating valve, made now difference. So I searched the forum and from information I found, I decided to unplug the solenoid operating the pilot pressure to the travel motors, made no difference. I then disconnected the pilot line on each travel motor (I understand this is what changes the swash plate position in the travel motors to give it high travel? Is this correct?). With the pilot lines disconnected and blanked off, the under carriage rotates/turns very well, but not all the time, sometimes it turns strongly and all of a sudden it won't turn at all, and it's still stuck in fast travel. All other hydraulic funtions on the machine works 100%. I have sold the machine and want to sort the problem out before I deliver it to the new owner.

Volvomad

Not sure but I think the default speed is fast . You need pilot pressure to the motors for low speed . Is the solenoid working . Will it magneticly attract a screwdriver ?

garyw

Occupation
Plant Engineer
Default position will be slow speed. When the solenoid is unplugged, the pilot pressure will not be sent down to the motor, and keep the motor at maximum angle(slow speed). When you say with the hoses blanked of travel is still weak, is the motors in high speed travel? If you don't know it's maybe something you can check. On the back of the motor there's a 2 speed travel spool, one on each motor. The pilot pressure acts on this spool,pushes it down and causes the motor angle to change. In the diagram its 1,2 and 3. Number 3 is a spring. Check that both are ok. And check number 2(spool) is free and not sticking

Travel.jpg