• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi UH082 RPM

GOB

New to this site and love it already. Got a older hitachi with a 6 cylinder hino just wondering what her max rpms should be at 100 percent throttle?

d47u

Occupation
sales manager
hi if the machine has the EL100 HINO
it will be 77 kw and 1750 rpm quite low
this is in the manual of my 081
cheers
john:drinkup

d47u

Occupation
sales manager
hi had another look in the manual ,
max no load rpm 1900 + or- 50 rpm
110 ps or 80 kw
trust this helps
cheers

GOB

i dont have a tach chris5500 but i had a guy tell me she was not up to full rpm so im wondering if i could hook a tach up to the alternator? or would a timing light do it? Thanks guys for all the helpful info in the matter, i have a guy looking into getting me a service manual, if not i seen one for her on the john deere website.

roadrunner81

Occupation
Managing member KSR Excavating, LLC
I think the easiest way to check rpm is to put a line on pulluy and use an adjustable strobe light. Thats how I did it at school.

Chris5500

Occupation
Plant Mechanic
If you want to check your RPM, the easiest way is with a a non-contact photo tachometer. You can check it with an adjustable speed strobe light, but this method got outdated around about the time wheels went from squares to circles. Anyway, check your RPM, let us know and we'l go from there.

GOB

Ok went to town today and picked up the photo tachometer. Will it be accurate to put the reflective tape on the belt, or should i try and get the tape on the pulley?

GOB

Is that the pulley connected to the fan or the one down on the crank?