• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Excavator hydraulic issue

Ryan313

I am working on a Hitachi for a guy, I don't remember the model, but its about the size of a 210; it sat the last few years and he wants to sell it, along with the dozer that's been sitting. The dozer wasn't much trouble, but the excavator is stumping me. It was not very hard to get it running, but once I did it did not want to move much, even though I filled the hydraulic tank, since it seemed like it had leaked out. On the tank, I removed one of the caps for the filters, and it seems like there is a top portion of the tank, where the filters are, and a lower section. the lower section looked like it still was full of fluid, but on the glass part to see how much fluid it has, it looks empty. I don't know if it is clogged, or what but it did not fill with fluid when I put more fluid into the tank. After moving the cylinders back and forth to try and bleed it it works a little better, but still jerky and not to friendly of noises. it also doesn't want to walk good, it moves a little, but not much. if I lift one track off the ground they move, but you can still tell something isn't right, and it seems like it wants to bind up, all of the rollers are free, and the bearings in them aren't shot, so I don't know why they are doing that. If anybody has any idea I would appreciate it! Thanks Guys, and gals!