• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX75UR-3 fault code

Loadall526

hi wondering if anyone can assist please
My EX75UR-3 - purple painted Orange - suddenly went down on power - hydraulic power I think
Error E51 and the red light come up and is still showing on the display
Have checked Fuel and air filters - both ok
Any ideas please
Many thanks
Angus

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
My EX75UR-3 - purple painted Orange - suddenly went down on power - hydraulic power I think
Any ideas please
Many thanks
Angus

Digging this up because i’d Like to know too!

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Any ideas please
Many thanks
Angus
E51 is a faulty arm angle sensor . What are both your email addresses. ? I can you both tech manual for the machine .

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
E51 is a faulty arm angle sensor . What are both your email addresses. ? I can you both tech manual for the machine .
Hey tool_king, you were spot on... the arm sensor wasn’t hooked up correctly. Problem solved!

Buckhorn

Awesome info. I found the sensor to be faulty. I've been having trouble finding a replacement. Do you know if it could be bypassed? I believe it would involve using a resistor. And would disable the system.

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
Awesome info. I found the sensor to be faulty. I've been having trouble finding a replacement. Do you know if it could be bypassed? I believe it would involve using a resistor. And would disable the system.
Perhaps you could install a similar sensor from another manufacturer and cross your fingers?

Buckhorn

That makes sense. I would have to find one with similar resistance. Not sure if any john deere models have similar systems.

Loadall526

Hi
I have the same machine and have an -E- coming up in the display when I start - boom and dipper won’t operate - crowd and other functions are ok - anyone assist please ?
Thanks

Attachments

• 9850E5B0-65D9-4665-BE5B-DE04D270834B.jpeg
    9850E5B0-65D9-4665-BE5B-DE04D270834B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Burton_79

I have a Zaxis 40 U imported from china. its ran great for years and the other day i started getting the same E51 fault code. Because its a china version no local Deer or Hitachi dealer can help me out. the only book i can find does not reference any E fault codes. is it possible it could be the same arm angle sensor and if so where is it, and how do i test it? everything operates fine, it just screams at me.

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
I have a Zaxis 40 U imported from china. its ran great for years and the other day i started getting the same E51 fault code. Because its a china version no local Deer or Hitachi dealer can help me out. the only book i can find does not reference any E fault codes. is it possible it could be the same arm angle sensor and if so where is it, and how do i test it? everything operates fine, it just screams at me.
The sensor on mine was at the top of the arm where it meets the boom. .. the linkage had fallen off.