• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX60-2 Hydraulic Conversion

Bakernator

Has anyone ever removed and converted the hydraulic system to eliminate the electronics? It looks like the dash 2/3 machines were problematic and they make conversion kits for them, but I cant find anything for the ex60, only the ex100 and up. Has anyone done this for these machines or can the EX100 kit be used?

mutti_wilson

What electronics are there? There are no sensors on my pump. There is a solenoid valve, but it works just fine with that unplugged. When I got mine nothing was hooked up and there was a manual throttle and it worked fine. I now have everything hooked up and all the power modes and travel speeds work but it did function before that.

Bakernator

What electronics are there? There are no sensors on my pump. There is a solenoid valve, but it works just fine with that unplugged. When I got mine nothing was hooked up and there was a manual throttle and it worked fine. I now have everything hooked up and all the power modes and travel speeds work but it did function before that.

What year is your machine?
Currently The key and everything is bypassed and i can operate it, but would like to get it back to those functioning. My father had bypassed the key and things before he passed away.

mutti_wilson

I'm not sure on the year. Early 90's. It's an EX60-2.

Sounds like a good time with wiring diagrams. I'd print them out in a poster format and tape them together for a larger size. That or have them printed on 24x36 or something.