• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ex300lc-3 clicking in engine top end

GCC

Occupation
Excavation
Ok so i have a hitachi ex300lc-3 and the engine was rebuilt about 500 hours ago it has developed a engine tick in cylinder 5. Can smell a bit of unburnt diesel but no smoke in exhaust black or blue only when start for 30 seconds. I backed the line off at each injector to see if it was an injector when i did number 5 the tick had disappered. I then switch the injector with on that did not make a difference and ended up with same results. I'm curious if anyone has ever had an issue like this with diesel engines where u back fuel nut off injector and the tick dis appears. The tick also adjust in with rpm up or down machine show no power loss and runs the same it does have some blow buy but I'm not sure if thats from the engine being freshly rebuilt not to long ago

Tractorguy

When you switched injector it was still "ticking" at #5? I've seen a couple blow the seal at the bottom of the injector you can run it and stick your hand all around the injector to see if there's small amount of air coming out, may just need a couple seals.