• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX200 LC-2 Questions

JacobRussell

As of this week, I'm the new owner of a very well used but functional 1992 EX200. Picture below, but it's an ex-demo machine and you can tell it from the looks. However, the undercarriage still has enough life for my use, the engine starts up (in the cold no less) easily and runs well, and all the hydraulics still function, so it's going to do work for me. I do have some questions and issues I'm looking for insight on if anyone can help.

20210303_174529.jpg

• Aside from the data plate on the front stick-side of the cab, where can I locate the serial number on the machine? The plate was scraped off at some point, and it looks like some parts / filters are S/N dependent. Speaking of -
  • Is the John Deere parts store the best place to buy parts/filters? I'm looking to do some maintenance on the machine and fix a couple of leaks, and was pointed to the online John Deere parts catalogue, and it has a lot of parts but not everything I might want.
  • The machine has been converted from an automatic throttle to a manual throttle, how common is that on these machines and what implications might it have?
  • There's a mount for a mechanical thumb that this machine had at some point - as you can see from the trees in the picture that would be a helpful feature to add back on for my needs. Does the 3 hole mount on the stick look like a specific type of thumb mount that would be good for me to look for vs welding on a new one?
  • Where's the best place to find shims for the bucket pins?
  • And the big one (already mentioned in an earlier thread as well) - The engine on the machine runs great, and all the machine functions work as expected and at reasonable speed. However, when loading the hydraulics (lifting the machine w/ the bucket or pulling on a stump for instance) or when running multiple functions at once (curling and lifting, or turning while pulling the stick in, etc.) the pump and engine bog down, my RPM's drop, and it behaves like the engine is about to die. Letting off the sticks brings everything back up to normal RPM and function. It seems like there's a threshold of flow or pressure that the machine just can't handle. The dealer mechanic described an issue as 'the pump not stroking automatically' which isn't something I understand. I'm not sure if this is an electrics issue, or a pump problem, a clogged filter, etc.
Thanks for the help all!

anuradha

Hi,

As far as I know if the engine is gets loaded when operating by the pump, from the electric side we should check the speed sensing circuit. And it comprises with these components
1. Engine speed sensor.
2.Pump displacement angle sensor.
3. Pump delivery pressure sensor.
4. Two Pump displacement solenoids.

These components together with EC (engine controller) & PVC( pump controller ) will prevent the engine from stalling.

So if the EC & PVC get the power and works then i suggest as a start check whether 5v supply voltage is available to Angle sensor & Pressure sensor. And check the resistance of the two Pump displacement solenoids on the Pump and it should be around 15.5 ohms.

JacobRussell

I'll bring a multimeter along to check those sensors, I also wonder if the throttle conversion they did might have disabled that functionality.

Does anyone have input on my other questions?

JacobRussell

Bumping again to see if anyone else has feedback on alternative locations for the serial number, or thoughts on the thumb mount & what kind of thumb it looks like it had?