• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ex200 hydraulic/engine problem

kj.fahey

My hitachi 200exlc-3 is loaded up on her hydraulic pump with her idled up really high and when I start using the hydraulics the engine wants idle down and shut off

I had a scanner plugged into it and was told to change the angle sensor, so after paying 1300 for the angle sensor I changed it out and no difference, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Since I do not have the manual for that machine I cannot give you specifics. So, hopefully @LACHAU sees this and can supply you with the angle sensor adjustment procedure.

kj.fahey

I’m also missing the spring clip in #12 in the diagram, does the clip go onto the end of the sensor or does it fit into the slot on the pump itself

IMG_8916.jpegIMG_8917.jpegIMG_8920.png

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I see you have been posting on multiple threads. That is too confusing. Please try to keep all your questions to this thread.

Rotate the sensor to adjust the voltage. The sensor 's mounting holes are slotted for this purpose. Only loosen the sensor's mounting hardware just enough to allow rotation.

Loosen the angle sensor. Start the engine. Disconnect the two pump control solenoids. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes (until the voltage stops changing). Then you adjust the angle sensor to the voltage spec. Tighten the angle sensor making sure the voltage does not change during tightening. Shut machine off. Connect pump solenoids.

kj.fahey

Hey there I got the angle sensor adjusted and the machine is still the same thing, had a guy from Brandt plug into the machine and he is unable to clear the codes using his program, my machine has a code for every sensor out of the pump, he thinks it’s the pcv computer not getting the right voltage or outright not working

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
If you have codes for all the sensors, then the most likely culprit is the 5 volt reference circuit being shorted to ground either through a sensor itself, or through one of the 5 volt reference wires to a sensor. All the sensors on those machines usually share the 5 volt reference, so if one sensor/wire is shorted, then they are all down, creating the multiple codes. First thing is to backprobe a senor's 5 volt reference wire to see if there is 5 volts. if not, then unplug one sensor at a time until the 5 volts returns. then that sensor is the issue. if it does not return to 5 volts after everything is unplugged, then a wire is most likely shorted.

If there is more than 5 volts, then there could be a short to a power wire in the harness somewhere.

And yes, there still could be a controller issue in the end.

kj.fahey

I’m also going to the voltage at the controller as well, I’m goin to Purchase the dr ex software and the harness so I can scan it myself, I can buy the software and harness for less than 200$ rather than paying 500$ for a dealer to scan it for me