• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX200-3 weird tracking fault

wabco

no codes idont think the lights just seem to flash to gether
the check valves were all tight to get out after i freed num7 it seem to work better still wasnt quite their so i pulled the others which were tight then that made it worse thaen istarted carrying on sily and altered the agle sensor then give up

wabco

the check valves were all tight to get out after i freed num7 it seem to work better still wasnt quite their so i pulled the others which were tight then that made it worse thaen istarted carrying on sily and altered the agle sensor then give up
how did the check valves look when you pulled them and I cannot remember if you can swap them but if you can try that. Also look at the harness for the differential pressure sensor. You can swap the pump solenoids as well. Are you getting any codes?
bit of a discovery the hose that runs from the pressure reducing valve on the solenoid valve assembly to the main control bank when it is blocked of the machine seems to respond i had it blocked before i did the check valves when i put it back on the machine wont respond if iblock it it sort of works

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
Ah Yes the pump angle sensor. If you can make a break out connector on the harness to the angle sensor or just bare the wires ( black and red with yellow stripe) and put a volt meter on them you can set up the sensor.Start by switching the connectors between the 2 pump solenoids one for the other.This will put the pumps into full swash.You can just disconnect the 2 connectors and it will eventually go to full swash but this way is quicker.Then loosen the 2 allen head screws on the sensor until they are just snug.Turn they angle sensor until your volt meter reading says 4.5 volts then tighten the bolts and recheck.It may change the volt reading so fiddle with it until you can get exactly 4.5 volts.Reconnect the 2 pump solenoids and you are done.
You can also set the pilot pressure up 100 psi from spec and it will make the hydraulics a little more responsive.
Do not lose hope .These dash 3s can be frustrating as hell but when they work good they really work good.

wabco

bit of a discovery the hose that runs from the pressure reducing valve on the solenoid valve assembly to the main control bank when it is blocked of the machine seems to respond i had it blocked before i did the check valves when i put it back on the machine wont respond if iblock it it sort of works
more trouble joe blow i hadnt pulled check valve out of auxzillary valve num 6 when i did i only got halve out do you think i could put it back to gether and leave it in thankyou for response the hose that runs from the control bank to top of pilot pressure reducing valve i put a gauge in it nothing on pilot side but 500 to 2000 psi when you take a function to end of stroke out of control bank does that sound right thanks wabco

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
if # 6 check valve sticks then it will dump load sense oil to tank .Sounds like you may have found the problem.

wabco

if # 6 check valve sticks then it will dump load sense oil to tank .Sounds like you may have found the problem.
thankyou thankyou joeblow for pionting me in the right track iam all keen to try it again but cant get num 6 slug out hitachi isnt my main gig so i can only attack it when i get the urge i had just about given up till isaw your post hoping to be able to keep in touch thanks wabco

wabco

The dash 3 does not have a flow combiner valve (dash 1 did).The dash 1 was a bullet proof machine and easy to diagnose as it had 2 separate pumps with 2 separate swash plates.The dash 3 was the first to come out with a computer controlled system and they really had their heads up their butts when they designed it.It has 2 pumps but only one swash plate and has closed centre valves .There are 7 double check valves that control the load sense system (load sense tells the pump to start pumping when you use a function)They take the highest work port pressure and send load sense oil to the differential pressure sensor which tells the computer to tell the pump solenoids to put the pumps into stroke.The one most important check valve is # 7 which separates the propel from the dig.If it gets stuck then you won't have any load sense oil going to the DPS from the propel side and the pump will not pump.It is located on the hyd control Valve side closest to the engine between the 2 main pressure ports coming from the pump.There is a tin panel you can take off beside the engine which makes it easier to get at .It is a plug and check valve.It is about the easiest thing to check.Is the swing slow as well?
joe blow got the check valves out all pretty tight and dry i think ill have to chek them again i some times think iam getting closer to fixing this little devil what ihave noticed is when ever the pump destrokes if you hold your hand on the pilot pressure line it feels like it unloads then at the same time the solieniond works same when you pull on the lever and it up strokes you can feel it in the lever when it unloads you see the solioniond light flash do you think i shoud check the pressure in the accumulator on the pilot just trying to think which way to make my next move thanks wabco

taiwoogunlaja

The dash 3 does not have a flow combiner valve (dash 1 did).The dash 1 was a bullet proof machine and easy to diagnose as it had 2 separate pumps with 2 separate swash plates.The dash 3 was the first to come out with a computer controlled system and they really had their heads up their butts when they designed it.It has 2 pumps but only one swash plate and has closed centre valves .There are 7 double check valves that control the load sense system (load sense tells the pump to start pumping when you use a function)They take the highest work port pressure and send load sense oil to the differential pressure sensor which tells the computer to tell the pump solenoids to put the pumps into stroke.The one most important check valve is # 7 which separates the propel from the dig.If it gets stuck then you won't have any load sense oil going to the DPS from the propel side and the pump will not pump.It is located on the hyd control Valve side closest to the engine between the 2 main pressure ports coming from the pump.There is a tin panel you can take off beside the engine which makes it easier to get at .It is a plug and check valve.It is about the easiest thing to check.Is the swing slow as well?
Kindly give information on how to get this service manual written by Deere, appreciate your response.