• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ex200-2 pump question

GabbyVice27

Occupation
soilids control in the bakken, heavy eqipment serv
hello all , I just recently traded for a link-belt 3400 series 2 excavator , did some work for it, so I don't have much in it, basically what it weighs, none of the electronics work , not any, manual throttle cable, screwdriver on the starter to crank it , and pull the rope hanging out the side to kill the engine , going to tidy all this up when I get it back to the shop, but in the mean time it digs like its a new one , that is to say as good as I could expect a 20 year old hoe to dig. 4 or 5 hours of hard digging and it is still does a good job. That is way more that I can get out of my ex200-2, its always got some sort of an ailment, I am not a production operation you understand, but I am over fighting with the orange demon. ------THE QUESTION--------Can anyone give me some information on what do I need to do to the pump on my 200 to put it in----- SIMPLE MODE-----.

Mjrdude1

Sorry, but there is no 'simple mode' when it comes to excavator hydraulic pumps. There are good reasons why they are complicated, it all has to do with horsepower and fluid movement, and the balance thereof. I have always longed for them all to go back to gear pumps but alas it's not to be. :drinkup

GabbyVice27

Occupation
soilids control in the bakken, heavy eqipment serv
I am going to have to differ , Mjrdude1. I don't know Who did What to the old Link-belt I just traded for, but it works well and its about as simple as a box of rocks. I know the proper way is to buy a new wiring harness , two computers , and another half dozen other things , old hoe aint worth all that, if it can be done to the linkbelt, and a kobelco my cousin has , why not the hitichi.