• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX200-2 Problems

WhyWhyZed

you want to check several pressures. Pump discharge obviously, but also LS pressure as the DP system opens based on pressure differential. Need a service manual to follow that through. And definitely watch pilot pressure as the oil warms up. If you aren't getting full pilot to the cab, DCV spools won't be fully shifting when you use the controls.

Aaron Prasad

Occupation
Student
Thanks…well I don’t have a service manual with me….do you have one??....can you send me a scanned copy if possible on areas to test the pressure…seems like you know more about hydraulics than I ever will….

daddieboy

Occupation
Architect
Hello my ex200-2 is in the same condition as your and i finally given up with the manual regular so i am trying to go as original as possible but i need some help in finding out the length of that octagon shape bolt on the plate below the pump the one on my machine have been cut so could anyone tell me that measurement please and thanks in advance

pfpm

Hi Aaron.

Sounds like you have what Hitachi call a pump mecha-regulator. I have fitted a few of these in Australia over the years and from memory the regulator that sits on top of the pump head has shims on the internal spool. you add to increase absorption torque and in your case you remove them.
Some where I have some info one it however I am unable to access at the moment.
Pull the block off the pump head and remove a couple of these shims and see what happens.

I see you are in Fiji Did you buy the machine there or did you import it?

Regards Mike

daddieboy

Occupation
Architect
Thanks for your reply, I imported the machine, I recently replaced the cylinders and valve plate in the pump it really needed to be look at. That stopper I asked about at the bottom of hydraulic pump it was made shorter and i need to put it right but I NEED THE CORRECT LENGTH could you please help me with that. Man I never got any good response from that regulator I installed, I try everything I read up on and ideas that was given to me so as I made the repairs on the pump I was hoping to go back as original as possible. i attached a picture of what i am specking about I hope it went OK.

Hi Aaron.

Sounds like you have what Hitachi call a pump mecha-regulator. I have fitted a few of these in Australia over the years and from memory the regulator that sits on top of the pump head has shims on the internal spool. you add to increase absorption torque and in your case you remove them.
Some where I have some info one it however I am unable to access at the moment.
Pull the block off the pump head and remove a couple of these shims and see what happens.

I see you are in Fiji Did you buy the machine there or did you import it?

Regards Mike

Attachments

• conversion kit 015.jpg
    conversion kit 015.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 763

pfpm

The pin you are talking about should not come into the equation, It is there to allow you to move the excavator in case of a total electrical failure. You probably know that it fits into a hole in the servo piston and if you remove the cover and turn it it will interfere with the piston and stop the pump from going to full stroke and stalling the engine.I don't know what the original length should be.

Do you have information on the mechanical regulator??
Are you sure that it is installed correctly ?? I have the Hitachi service bullion and it is pretty vague.
Is the mechanical regulator from Hitachi or from elsewhere
Did you install the mechanical reg?? If not someone has had a pretty good reason to do so.

As mentioned before these machines are a electronic nightmare when they get old so I would be very hesitant in trying to get it back to electronic control.

Regards Mike.

daddieboy

Occupation
Architect
Hello Pfpm,
I will upfront with you I am an architect with no previous knowledge of any mechanical or electrical work so i am being educated by this trouble ex200-2 machine so i am very thankful for all your help. Now base on what you have mention about the pump I will nor border about it.
1. The regular is from Hitachi

2. I am the one who install the regulator when I purchased the machine the stopper at the bottom of the pump was rotated 180 degrees and it was working but the movement
was slow and the pump was making noise but i was able to do two jobs with it then about a year later it got really really slow so base on the information I gathered I was told
to install a regulator which I did but it didn't help, I don't know if its because the pump was bad or the installation was bad.

3. If you have any information on the installation of that regular please share it with me I will be very grateful

Regards Jimmy

mclean

Pfpm do you know the part number for this mecha-regulator? I've only ever seen the Chinese kits. Are there instructions for plumbing and adjustments?

Experiencing pump control issues with a 120-2.

daddieboy

Occupation
Architect
Hello McLean, it is stated on the installation manual as the KIT NO. for the 100/120-2,3 which is 9227242 and that is from Hitachi. I bought my own from the Chinese which comprised of both the 100/120-2,3 and 200/220-2,3 and its on my EX200-2 presently but I am in the process of putting it back original so I have purchased the EC computer which was burnt, the N, A, P and DP sensors if these parts mention doesn't make it work then i know i will have to change the harness base on its condition but i have done some repairs on it, so let see what will turn out. Hey let me inform you that the mecha-regulator is to bypass the electrical system connected to the pump so if your pump is giving trouble it will not work properly.

Zaw Lay

Thanks for your reply, I imported the machine, I recently replaced the cylinders and valve plate in the pump it really needed to be look at. That stopper I asked about at the bottom of hydraulic pump it was made shorter and i need to put it right but I NEED THE CORRECT LENGTH could you please help me with that. Man I never got any good response from that regulator I installed, I try everything I read up on and ideas that was given to me so as I made the repairs on the pump I was hoping to go back as original as possible. i attached a picture of what i am specking about I hope it went OK.
Recently,I bought a manual regulator and installed it on my ex200-2 main pump in case of electric failure. There are two stoppers in the kit and i put one in the manual regulator. but i have no idea where to install the rest one. i can't find the servo piston adjust bolt which is a part of the manual kit, as you people discussed. Please advise me that in the attached photos where those are to be replaced or assembled. Thank you all for kindness.1496551518282-266197261.jpg 1496551518282-266197261.jpg 1496551627637-1139870119.jpg 1496551518282-266197261.jpg 1496551627637-1139870119.jpg

Charles Ranck

Hello just came across this thread and we have a customer with the same problem. We ordered the Manuel kit and it came with no instructions and the suppler is no help. Is there anyway someone on here that has the instructions could email them to me it would be greatly appreciated. Email Charles.ranck@yahoo.com

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Charles;)! You should really have started a new Thread with your question with the specific machine model and serial number. You will want to add what is specifically wrong with the machine as well. Maybe the solution is simple (I know, wishful thinking). Hope you find your answer:D.