• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX135-UR Help

Shelles6433

All inward fuses connect to power as it says in the document and if you look at this diagram, the two cables from 9 and 10 connect together. We had it out temporarily and it looked good. Didn’t test it. Does the engine have to be running for it to be active? I didn’t think so because all the others work except glow plug which shouldn’t anyway.

Attachments

• 83C4E66F-2F01-4A0C-A702-A7D80CD6EC1D.png
    83C4E66F-2F01-4A0C-A702-A7D80CD6EC1D.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 4

Shelles6433

Update...per the wiring chart, fuse 9 an 10 are powered by one cable that feeds from the alternator thru the icu relay (see wiring diagram attached) and then to the fuse and then split to power 9 and 10. We have jumped 8 to this power terminal and everything works without using the override switch. We tested the icu relay and terminals 1 and three are live but 5 is dead when we take out the jumper to 8. We even used two separate relays and got the same outcome. Which leads me to believe that the problem exist either with the wiring after the icu relay all the way to the fuse box or can it be the terminal itself is faulty in the fuse box. The wiring harnesses in this machine look really good so it really makes me wonder. Would it be a good test to run a wire from terminal 5 on the icu relay to the power terminal in the fuse box? Would this tell me the wiring from the relay to the fuse box is the problem if it works? I am looking for ideas because I am not sure what I should try next even though I have isolated the problem area....FB90B676-83F3-47A4-BA11-E1C1B6B512E5.png