• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi ex120-5 slow hydraulics (limp mode)

anton_baydak

I got a ex120-5 a year ago with 11k hours. It ran strong till I parked it for few months. Now everything is slow tracks arm movements. The engine rpm works great. The turtle button never worked it was always one speed. I tried to read the ecu codes manually by connecting 2 top ports from a 4 port diagnostic connector by the fuse box. It blinks 8 times then pause then 9 then 8 then 9 on repeat. What does that mean?

LACHAU

What does perform retrial B mean. Is this the sensor. They are talking about? Because I can’t find angle sensor for 120-5
To do RETRIAL B you must have a tool called Dr.EX or Dr.ZX.
See the attached file for more details.
To buy A sensor (angle sensor), let go to Ebay. :p

EX120-2 A sensor.png

Attachments

• EX-2 Series Retrial A & B Procedure.pdf
    140 KB · Views: 12

anton_baydak

To do RETRIAL B you must have a tool called Dr.EX or Dr.ZX.
See the attached file for more details.
To buy A sensor (angle sensor), let go to Ebay. :p

View attachment 309992
My 120-5 does not have that. I looked everywhere

Attachments

• IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0646.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0644.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0648.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 7

LACHAU

According to the photos you provided, your device is for the Japanese domestic market.
I see you registered with the forum as you are in Washington. I didn't know there were Hitachi excavator for the Japanese domestic market in Washington!

EX120-5 Domestic.png

IMG_0644.png
ScreenShot_20240413134636.png

anton_baydak

anton_baydak

HitachiGuy

T in gauges to the hoses that go to the back of the regulators . Should see pressure increase when moving the controls. If no pressure increases check the solenoids for gumming up inside . Can always bypass the solenoids