• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi EX120-5 Pattern Control Changer

bdward

I have a grey market EX120-5 with a 4 position Kawasaki brand pattern control changer installed. Position "Y" is standard "Cat" control but the other three K,M,H are Asian standards we don't see in North America. I would like to modify it so one of the positions is "John Deere" style. Is anyone familiar with this pattern changer and attempted any modifications. I'd be happy if I could find a schematic showing the hydraulic line layout or access to a parts book. There are some letters stamped at each port. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

tantoy

Bdward, I have exact same question. Were you able to make one position john deere controls?
Thanks

bflobil

Occupation
Farmer, dirt work
Have the same changer.....my brother and I just did some trial and error after studying it for a while. We did change hoses at the pattern changer as they seemed to be the easiest to swap. One position is John Deere, the others are useless. Because of the internal makeup of that changer I don't think you can get both cat and deere.

tantoy

bflobil, I tried the same and came to same conclusion. I ended up changing the pilot hoses under the cab to get jd pattern.