• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Ex 100-2 very slow hydraulics

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
Hi all I have a 96 EX 100-2 that all of a sudden developed very slow hydraulic movements in basically all functions including tracking. Speed picks up for a split second when using multiple functions at the same time or letting off controls and then trying them again. Fuel lines are all clear. Changed hydraulic filters and puppet filters all seems clean. Any ideas?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF RPMex;)!

Are you handy mechanically? I usually recommend swapping the solenoid valve assemblies on top of the hydraulic pump to see if your hydraulics change to a more aggressive nature. If you swap just the wires to the hydraulic pump solenoids does the engine want to stall?

Last edited:

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
Good morning and thank you so much for taking the time to reply. When I swapped the solenoid wires there was no change. I put them back and unplugged the DP sensor and the hydraulics seemed to work better. I’m okay mechanically and have service, parts, and operators manuals. At no point does my engine seem to stall out or bog down like it’s under load

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
An unplugged DP sensor will put the pumps to full stroke. I would suggest swapping the solenoid valve assemblies first to see if your situation changes because those solenoids have a history of failure.

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
No change when solenoids are swapped I still have very very very slow hydraulics

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
1. All fuses good?
2. Has the pilot pressure been checked with a gauge?
3. Have you checked for codes (procedure in TM1504, section 9025-25)?
4. Do you have or know someone with MPDr or Dr Zx diagnostic equipment?

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
Good morning, I have checked all the fuses and they are all fine. As well as most all the wiring I can’t see anything that looks burnt or damaged do to age.

As far as the others it would be a no. Thursday I plan to check the pilot pressure. I’m not sure what TM1504 is the manual I downloaded online doesn’t have pages numbered like that hopefully I didn’t download the wrong one ex 100-2 technician manuals are hard to find for me for some reason.
I also don’t have a Dr Zx but sounds like it would be worth picking one up this week to help trouble shoot. Does that plug directly into the EC & PCV.
I ordered a DP sensor and high speed solenoid to hopefully help eliminate some options. Thanks a lot for your help I’ll work on these steps and keep you posted.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I’m not sure what TM1504

Sorry, that is the incorrect manual I listed. That is a Deere manual.

Does that plug directly into the EC & PCV.

It should plug into the 4 pin connector down and behind the right arm rest.

If you go to section 7, page T07-02-06 there is a picture of the Dr ZX connector and the machine connector. Looking into the machine connector, if you short the 2 terminals on the right together (#2 and #4) and then key on, the blink light on the PVC will flash codes if there are any (codes will be either single digit or 2 digits). If no codes the PVC light will remain off.

Fault codes can be found beginning on page T07-03-03.

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
Nice thanks for the info I will get my hands on a Dr Zx and keep you posted

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
Hi mg2361 I’ve made some headway on my ex100-2 but am still struggling with some faulty hydraulics I have replaced both pump solenoids and now instead of all my hydraulics being very slow my hydraulics are slow tracking and my main boom is still slow and will not pick up a full bucket of dirt. However they are both still better than before I replaced the solenoids.

I received a Dr Zx and have plugged it into the 4 pin plug under the right arm rest but it still will not communicate with my machine. The plug connection seemed tight. I read on one post about needing an adaptor from JD do I need this for a Dr Zx? No where in the Dr Zx can I find the model ex100-2 although it says it will work for these machines is there a certain setting I need to be on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Was pilot pressure checked?

I received a Dr Zx and have plugged it into the 4 pin plug under the right arm rest but it still will not communicate with my machine.

I have never seen or used the DrZx. I use MPDr. Maybe @LACHAU can shed some light on this situation?

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
I haven’t checked the pilot pressure yet but it’s next in my list. test kit hopefully will be here in the next few days and I’ll keep you posted on my findings. Your help is really appreciated.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I haven’t checked the pilot pressure yet but it’s next in my list. test kit hopefully will be here in the next few days and I’ll keep you posted on my findings. Your help is really appreciated.
RPMex What is your email ? I have some stuff you can try.

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
Nothing yet, I’m hoping to this week and I’ll be sure to keep you posted. Please do the same with yours

Darreng

Aye I will do.. What should the pilot pressure be and where’s the best place to test it?

Darreng

Another thing could you check what colour wires going to the front and back soilinods on top of the pump?

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
Was pilot pressure checked?

I just checked the pilot pressure on ex100-2 shows almost 1200 psi which is way higher than the manual recommends which is 711

Any thoughts as to why so high?

RPMex

Occupation
Earthwork Contractor
CF57D85E-07A6-4CB3-A3DB-60258F1BCE7C.jpeg

Attachments

• 8EB77993-E1B2-437A-AFF7-33E2628FE135.jpeg
    8EB77993-E1B2-437A-AFF7-33E2628FE135.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6