• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi dr zx won't communicate

JDirt

I've been having problems that seem to be electrical with my ex100-3. I bought one of the Chinese dr zx diagnostic tools, but I can't get it to work, always tells me there is a communication problem.

I have read several threads about these things, some claim they are junk, others have had some luck with them. There is a common belief that the program is the problem, not the cord. It is the windows XP version, not the one with the palm pilot, instead it uses a palm pilot emulator on your laptop. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of support, I guess I got what I paid for.

My machine has been sitting for a while. Any help would be appreciated.

town hoe

hi jdirt
did you remove the plastic extension on the plug on the excavatorwhere dr zx plugs in.that is what happened to me the first time i tried dr zx

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Its been a while since I worked at the Hitachi dealer but if I'm not mistaken Dr ZX is for the Zaxis series. I think the EX series used something different for diagnostics. Not entirely sure since there was next to no EX series machines around here when I worked there, so we rarely worked on them.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Dr ZX is the palm pilot version.It will work on both . You can also use Windr .