• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi 75

Alex85

Hi all!

I am thinking about buying a 2017 Hitachi Zaxis 75us-5. It comes with a 28" digging bucket, 42" tilting ditch bucket, hydraulic coupler, and thumb. This machine also has rubber pad tracks. Just wondering if anyone has any good or bad information on this machine. The only thing I didn't like about it was the blade doesn't have a float function, however the dealer told me that could be installed for 3000, seems like a lot. Thanks in advance for any info.

Alex85

Someone must have some experience with these? I'm sure they are good, but just figured I'd ask. I also like the hitachi 85 however it has a swing boom. I thought it would be good because it has more reach, however I'm told the way it is configured that it is harder to load or scoop out of a truck because you can't be as close to the truck with a swing boom. I have rented an e80 bobcat with a swing boom and it seemed fine, but have never run a comparable machine without one. I also used to own a 200 kobelco and have rented 5 ton machines, so I'm not new to this just new to the hitachi and the swing boom vs non swing boom. Any thoughts would be great!

Canadian_digger

Are you going to be doing any digging along side building or house foundations. This is where the swing boom shines. I had a kubota kx080 and now have a Cat 308e2. I wouldn't be without the swing boom in this size machine.

Alex85

Thanks for the reply ycs, I was also thinking that. Canadian_digger I probably would be digging along side buildings at times, i think it's one of those thing you probably wouldn't realize how handy it is until you have it and then had to go without it. How do you like the 308? I was seriously considering buying one of those instead. I looked at the kubota, defiantly best deal, just liked the cat and hitachi more.

Canadian_digger

So far I'm happy with it. My kubota was a kx080-3.

The Cat is a lot better on fuel. Around 2-3 litters or half gallon less per hour.

Filters for the Cat are about half the price of kubota.

I found both to be nice machines to operate.

Only down fall so far with the Cat is the lift capacity is quite a bit lower than the kubota.

Alex85

Thanks for the info! I also am thinking about getting a mulcher in the future. That is one of the things I liked about the Cat especially. The Hitachi wasn't too far behind I beleive and if i'm not mistaken the aux. flow on the kubota is less...

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
I just worked on a 2016 zx60 with a swing boom, there is a nice space beside the fuel and HYD tanks that the owner decided to put his grease gun, when he swung the boom the gun got crushed against the fuel return line, not good especially on a CR system! $$$! Hitachi should have put a cover above that cylinder as it is a good size wasted space for storage.

The machine has constant issues with the DPF which puts it in limp mode then shuts it down. If it didn't have DPF or EGR it would be a decent machine, it would last and would burn less fuel. Someone needs to make a delete kit!

You will be far better off getting a low hour pre emission machine. If you can. Just my opinion!

Alex85

I just worked on a 2016 zx60 with a swing boom, there is a nice space beside the fuel and HYD tanks that the owner decided to put his grease gun, when he swung the boom the gun got crushed against the fuel return line, not good especially on a CR system! $$$! Hitachi should have put a cover above that cylinder as it is a good size wasted space for storage.

The machine has constant issues with the DPF which puts it in limp mode then shuts it down. If it didn't have DPF or EGR it would be a decent machine, it would last and would burn less fuel. Someone needs to make a delete kit!

You will be far better off getting a low hour pre emission machine. If you can. Just my opinion!

Thanks for the input GregsHD, I will keep that in mind. I've been looking for a used machine but no luck yet, they are either half worn out or almost new and the price of a new one would be about as good.