• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi 150-3 Problem Starting

Ailbhe Rice

Hello all,
I have a problem with my Hitachi 150-3 year 1998. I bought this a few months ago and have had several problems with the digger just not starting. It will work well for a few days but then stop working, very frustrating!

I was working on the digger and there was a large thud on the ground, and then the digger slowly shut off. The button that looks like a terminator seems to be on all the time, I think that it is called the automatic speed reset [I have attached a picture]. I reset it once by taking off the batteries. It happened again but the battery thing didn't work this time. The engine will try to turn over, but it seems that this button is stopping my stepper motor from selecting a gear.
That button turns on, but won't this time for some reason. Once the light goes off, it will start.

Does anyone have any ideas, much appreciated and I hope you are all staying safe!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-15 at 08.58.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-15 at 08.58.41.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 15