• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hitachi 120 MAINTANCE

wilddanz71

I recently bought a used hitachi ex 120-2 excavator with 4400 hrs
this weekend I changed all fluids and filters.
My question is, what is the regular intervals that I should change things??
I am new to excavators, so I need to learn there regular maintnense.
I can not buy a service manual, so Im told because it is a"Gray Market" machine. This service, I changed engine oil and filters, air filters,fuel filter, all the hydralic filters and changed fluid in the final drives. Should I change these every time I service??

thanks DAN

ncbschzzt

Occupation
john deere/hitachi field tech
500hours on engine oil 6.6 gals engine oil. swing gear box 1000hours. travel gearbox 2000hours. hydraulic oil is 1500hours using Hitachi Oil, 500 hours change hydraulic tank filter, 500 hours change pilot filter, fuel filter is 500 hours as well. Can give a complete print out of intervals if wanted.

Reuben

I recently bought a used hitachi ex 120-2 excavator with 4400 hrs
this weekend I changed all fluids and filters.
My question is, what is the regular intervals that I should change things??
I am new to excavators, so I need to learn there regular maintnense.
I can not buy a service manual, so Im told because it is a"Gray Market" machine. This service, I changed engine oil and filters, air filters,fuel filter, all the hydralic filters and changed fluid in the final drives. Should I change these every time I service??

thanks DAN

What is the serial number...maybe I have the books for you

ncbschzzt

Occupation
500hrs is Hitachi's recommended service interval.

360joe

wilddanz71
Sorry for going off topic but u sure about the hours on that machine.? I think that model came out around 1992-3. That less than 300hrs a year.

lindopark

Hitachi EX120-2

What is the serial number...maybe I have the books for you

Reuben, I also have faced a virtual wall in my attempts to lay my hands on a workshop manual for my EX120-2. Any assistance forthcoming would be greatly appreciated.
:notworthy
2xBobcat 325 mini excavs; 1 komatsu greymarket PC95;1 Hitachi greymarket EX120-2; 2 JD 410D backhoes all purchased used and wearing me out

ncbschzzt

Occupation
I may have found what you are looking for. Get back soon

wilddanz71

wilddanz71
Sorry for going off topic but u sure about the hours on that machine.? I think that model came out around 1992-3. That less than 300hrs a year.

Yes the hours are correct!!! that is why I bought it. It was owned for several years by a small local excavation company, which I know personaly. I was told it is a 93 or 94. It is in great shape.