• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Historic Power Plant Demo, Toledo Ohio (lots of photos)

WerkBrau

The historic power plant in Toledo Ohio is coming down. This power plant is located on the river, and has been a point of interest and problems over the years. On site, are a variety of Werk-Brau attachments, which means I am up there shooting for our company use. That also means I am snagging a few xtra shots of the location because they are just so cool. This place is reallllly dangerous, but it's such a fasinating demo.

I'll roll out a series of photos from this shoot over time as I will visit it several times at different stages in the demo.

img9897800x533.jpg

img9891800x533.jpg

img9883800x533.jpg

img9865800x533.jpg

img9858800x533.jpg

Last edited:

WerkBrau

I talked to the crew some more today and learnd a few things that are worth sharing...

*The stacks are coming down. They are doing to do an xplosive implosion of the stacks. This will happen during stage 3 of the project, they are currently on stage 2.
*The demo is still around 8 months away from completion.
*The land is being cleared because a company wants to buy the space and develop it. However, they will not buy it until the land is cleared.
*The demo is low cost to the city, that the guys are selling a lot of it of to scrap and selling things like the 60 ton rail cranes from the place.

047emailj.jpg

121mail.jpg

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
dose anyone else find this funny?

"Ha Ha" funny, or "peculiar" funny? If they put it out for bids it would seem to be ok.

...the exchange is that the crew get to redeem all the scrap. That place is loaded with scrap.

Risky, risky business. I'm reading that the price of ferrous scrap is going into the tank. Down $30-$50/ton just in the past couple of weeks. That takes a heckuva bite out of the profits...

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Depends digger if a deal was struck at tender stage with the scrappie he takes the hit..............

Wolf

Are you still doing demo? What kind of jobs do you have going? Any good pictures to post of demo or your equipment in action?