• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

High Hour Used TK TL150 - What to look for?

Slagathor

I am looking at a Takeuchi TL150 with 3900 hours on it. It will be used on my own property....so light use...primarily maintaining Motocross tracks.

For a high hour TL150...what danger signs and wear points should I worry about?
Tracks - should have been replaced 2-3 times
Wheels - perhaps replaced 1x Sprockets - Should have been replaced at least once..
Pivots - I have a machine shop...so I can fix this sort of stuff pretty easy.
Pump and Drive motors? I have heard a few horrors about one going down...and metal shavings totaling the whole system...
Engine...I have heard the Yanmar should be good for 6000+ hours if maintained properly. Blue or white smoke bad....Black not so bad.

Any advice is appreciated...

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
At 3900 hours the entire machine should be considered suspect. So much depends upon how it was maintained. If it was meticulously maintained, a 3900 hour machine isn't an issue however a poorly maintenance machine with those hours can be a nightmare....in all honesty I would take it to the nearest TAK dealer and have then go through it top to bottom including a complete fluids/hydro analysis and detail out what it needs and what the analysis shows. These fluid analysis show you more about the health of the machine than any other means. A couple of drive motors alone can set you back 5 to 6 grand. Things can add up very quickly on a skid steer when it comes to repairs..