• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hi to everybody

Komatsu 150

I've been lurking for a few months. This is an excellent forum with a lot of good people. I operate and run a small excavating business, mostly home basement excavation with some commercial site work occasionally and some dump trucking. I spent last week in a creek with a mini-excavator trying to fix some of the flood damage we've had here lately.

Mario

cat d9

Occupation
manager and general FO in general
Welcome aboard Mario, let's see some pictures and do you have any antique machines.
Dell

Komatsu 150

Thanks for all the welcomes.

D9 said <let's see some pictures and do you have any antique machines.
Dell>

We haven't bought anything new for a while so everything we run is starting to feel like an antique! As far as really old we have a 1948 Allis Chalmers WC45 "Road Patrol" grader that was in occasional use around the shop until about 10 years ago, two 1957 Michigan end loaders. The bigger one (175A) is still used every winter in the snow. It's averaged less than 200 hours a year for the last 25 years. The little one (75A) is actually in better shape but nobody will run it and I can't say I blame them. I've attached some pictures of a project we did the machine work on 2 years ago. That's our 955 moving a boulder that is a little too heavy for it and I set some boulders with a rented Cat Excavator.

Attachments

• CatandBoulder.JPG
    CatandBoulder.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 135
  • bulderlift.JPG
    bulderlift.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 140
  • BoulderCable.JPG
    BoulderCable.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 125

cat d9

Occupation