• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hi. I fix ships

mudnducs

Occupation
retired mech eng
Hello Gents,

Just now getting into the world of heavy equipment that doesn't float. I'm a Port Engineer for a medium sized (~350 ft) west coast hopper dredge...it keeps me busy trying to keep it operational.
I just bought an old Bobcat 442 excavator and am learning to use it.......................it's not easy. I have a whole new respect for guys that can make this look like they can do it in their sleep.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi. Motorcycles and shooting are my other interests.

Bill

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums mudnducs! :drinkup

lantraxco

Essayons? Can't remember the other one, used to live in St. Johns a stones throw from the docks. Sold the odd CAT part to the Corps back when I worked for the local dealer. So howdy neighbor!

:drinkup

mudnducs

Occupation
retired mech eng
Essayons? Can't remember the other one, used to live in St. Johns a stones throw from the docks. Sold the odd CAT part to the Corps back when I worked for the local dealer. So howdy neighbor!

:drinkup

Thanks Gents!

Bingo Ian...ESSAYONS. The other one is the Yaquina or as we associated with the Essayons like to affectionately call it...."the Launch". <G>
We just converted the Ess to 4 C280's 2 600V gen sets and 2 main propulsion engines...we have 4 smaller CAT's for ships service generators.