• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hi Guys!

Muffler Bearing

Occupation
Truck Mechanic
Over a year ago I signed off because I was going light duty. So I still fix diesel's only they are in Fords and Dodges instead of CASE and Freightliners. I really miss HD, every time I hear the purr of a jake go by outside I miss it. I think I'll probably just do light duty while my kids go to school up the road.
BUT. I just started a weekend gig at a little ski area so I can maintain a pair of snowcats over the winter. So... I'm back in the HE world!

Auto mechanics are SO weird! not like you people, I miss the heavy duty mechanic brain most of all.

Muffler Bearing

Occupation
Truck Mechanic
LOL I really appreciate that. Yeah I stand on a bench and lean way out and remembering how the access was on a loader or a truck. I even liked skid steers compared to a pick up with an extra bumper.
Are you still a field tech in that truck?

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I am. Relocated to east Texas and actually just bought a newer kenworth service truck and will have the one in the picture up for sale next month.

crane operator

Good to have you back Muffler Bearing. Ask Mike L how hot it was in east texas this summer.....:)

On the flip side, its not snowing in east Texas yet.

Muffler Bearing

Occupation
Truck Mechanic
well, that was short lived. The 21 yo golfcart mechanic at this little ski area doesn't want to loosen his grip on the snowcat maintenance. I guess his confidence will get them further than my "experience" and "the laws of physics."
Bummer,
I definitely feel like I'm an outsider in the automotive world. Very glad I learned HD first. I really think of this as resting myself for another round. But you guys keep going without a rest.
I fix an Xcel fleet of pickups, but they sent the service truck from Freightliner out to do a DOT on one. The tech showed up in the service truck I used to drive. I was like " I was once you."

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
You can be that guy again. Buy my kenworth at a price so low it can’t be advertised of HEF and be your own boss! Sleepless nights and the possibility of an ulcer at no extra cost!