• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hi from Montana

JPSouth

Hi - been lurking for a spell, my Dad was an IH mechanic and I grew up on a farm. After school it was logging, working for awhile in a rental yard, running with a harvest crew summers and running snowcats at a local ski area winters, a brief Snap-on dealer experience, pulled fuel tankers and lowboys for a couple years, and then the last 20+ years operating equipment, concrete batch plants, and Oshkosh mixer trucks.

Last August, a gal ran a red light and totaled my left knee and my old Harley springer. Got the knee fixed but couldn't get back to work timely so they had to hire replacements - no hard feelings. Been doing side work for some years, have a small Kubota TLB and dump trailer which has made me some decent change, so decided to put a small dumper and mini-ex on the lineup and try for more full time. Will probably drive a transfer part of the time for a friend, but have some good jobs coming up in the spring, and want to get my septic certificate this winter.

Looking forward to learning more here, and seeing pics/vids of different jobs and equipment.

Attachments

• NewOshKosh1.jpg
    NewOshKosh1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 135

JPSouth

Welcome to HEF. Did you get another springer yet?

No, insurance didn't cover any of the accident related medical/surgery/rehab, and aside from some cash jobs from home no work. Gotta ride out the winter, and have as much as possible for start-up costs when spring hits.

Won't ever find another like that one, so just a lot of open road memories over the years will do. She wasn't the smoothest, fastest or best handling, but ran like a top and did cut a figure going down the road.

Attachments

• QuakeLakeRide9-25-10 036.jpg
    QuakeLakeRide9-25-10 036.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 21