• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hey HEF!!! [Currently in School for HEO]

hmong337

Hey everybody. I'm currently in school learning how to run machines. It's pretty exciting and I'm still pretty nervous. So far, we're learning a lot of in class stuff like safety and whatnot. In about 2 weeks, I'll be out in the "pit" learning how to operate. I can't WAIT!!! This is something that I've wanted to do since high school. It seems very challenging and I love new challenges.

Any word of advice for a newbie like myself that is getting into the field? I have no previous experience whatsoever.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Welcome to HEF just do lots of reading the is tons of good info posted all over this forum. How bout taking some pics of the school I would like to see what one looks like.

Jake

Occupation
Operator
Don't get a big head and think you can do everything when you are done with school. Be honest when you go for a job. Ask questions. If you can't do something or don't understand don't try to BS your way through. Most important make sure you grease the drum of the roller every day at least two tube to keep the dirt from sticking. Here is something to drool over.

Attachments

• trains small 109.jpg
    trains small 109.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 255

greywynd

What school/area are you in? I know SSFC at Lindsay has a program, but there are also several private places that have popped up the last few years.

hmong337

Welcome to HEF just do lots of reading the is tons of good info posted all over this forum. How bout taking some pics of the school I would like to see what one looks like.

sure will take some pics of the school and the pit

Don't get a big head and think you can do everything when you are done with school. Be honest when you go for a job. Ask questions. If you can't do something or don't understand don't try to BS your way through. Most important make sure you grease the drum of the roller every day at least two tube to keep the dirt from sticking. Here is something to drool over.

thank you for the tips jake.

What school/area are you in? I know SSFC at Lindsay has a program, but there are also several private places that have popped up the last few years.

i'm at conestoga college's new program for heavy equipment operator. that's about 1 hour west of Toronto in Guelph.

Antibeth

Hi, I came across this site when I was trying to do research for my husband. I am from America and my husband is an Icelander. In Iceland he was a HEO, specifically he operated a paver, front wheel loader, and several other machines. I lived in Iceland for 3 years and now we are in the USA (thank you, God!). He really enjoyed his work and wants to continue it here, but we have no idea where to go to get his licensing and we are having a problem finding any information. He has over 20 years of experience (he gothis licensing in 1987) and he and I agree that he needs to get his certification and find a job doing what he knows and loves. Why change more than he has to change?? Can anyone help me to help him?

Jake

Occupation
Operator
Welcome to PA. I live in Pottstown just south of Pennsburg. Things are slow here for the construction industry. Do they speak English in Iceland? You do not need a license to operate heavy equipment here in Pa. Send me a private message and maybe I can help you out with some more info.

cobraguy

i'm at conestoga college's new program for heavy equipment operator. that's about 1 hour west of Toronto in Guelph.
hey bro, I am just down the 401 from ya and I am attending HEO and AZ trainning at OTDS. I start march/07th and am excited but very nervous about how to find work in the field. I have heard mixed ideas of how hard it will be to find work but am still optomistic. Good luck to ya in school.

oriden

Occupation
Equipment operator/ truck driver/ wrench operator/
also attending school in ontario, heard bad things about conastoga though...how is it?

and for work we all have to sell our selves! may the best whore win!:drinkup

welcome to HEF