• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hesston 2856 round baler- General actuator problem?

Chubbylumpkin

Having a specific problem with a Hesston round baler, but the overall question is more general.

There is an actuator that lifts the mesh roll at the back of the loader, but it will not lower or raise. Instead when the button is pushed from the console in the tractor to lower/raise the roll, the actuator just clicks rapidly and repeatedly.

Was hoping someone had some insight. Thanks!

Delmer

Are you talking about a hydraulic cylinder actuator, that is controlled by a solenoid, controlled by an electric switch/button in the cab of the tractor? or a straight electric actuator?

Actually probably doesn't affect my guess one way or another.

I bet it's a loose connection, or a frayed wire so the solenoid isn't getting enough power to keep closed, causing it to chatter. Put an electric meter on the power to the solenoid and see what kind of volts you get when it's activated from the cab, then see if it functions properly with a jumper wire.

also check the ground

Chubbylumpkin

Thanks for the info.

It is a simple electric motor actuator. I unhooked it from the part that it moves and the actuator worked fine. Still had some problems with the actuator- it's like it doesn't have enough guts to move the mesh roll into place. However, once I got the mesh fed into the baler finally, and the mesh roll was spinning, the actuator worked fine.

Who knows.

Thanks againl.