• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Here's one you don't see every day...

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I copied these, with the photographer's permission, from an aviation website. The plane is a BAe 146, a short-haul passenger airliner.

The photographer was mainly interested in the aircraft, so the the excavator isn't the prominent feature in the pics, but I thought you'd like to imagine the fun the operator had... :)

Attachments

• IMG_1141 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1141 (Small).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,777
  • IMG_1144-1 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1144-1 (Small).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,779
  • IMG_1148 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1148 (Small).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,784
  • IMG_1154 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1154 (Small).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,767
  • IMG_1156 (Small).jpg
    IMG_1156 (Small).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,772

Wulf

According to the registration lettering the plane was registered in New Zealand... must be mad about being eliminated from the Rugby World Cup;)

Mind you though... he's better equipped to tear up that aircraft than this guy...

Attachments

• CrushCat.jpg
    CrushCat.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,734
  • CrushCat1.jpg
    CrushCat1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,731

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
The guy that originally posted the pictures is in Australia.

All that 977(?) is going to be able to do is make that plane flat. Where'd you come across those pics?

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
The guy that originally posted the pictures is in Australia.

All that 977(?) is going to be able to do is make that plane flat. Where'd you come across those pics?

I have seen a series of pics from the ones Wulf posted...and I thought it was on HEF...but it must have been somewhere else:beatsme . That plane is a miracle....(mirage = miracle they were still flying). The photos were taken in Europe somewhere.

Wulf

Sorry guys but I can't remember where I found those pics originally but yes Squizzy I think that is a Mirage and didn't realise until today that the RAAF had a number of those in service.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Sweet... learned something else today:D

Wulf, One of my brothers was 25 years in the RAAF, comms and avionics technician. The "pigs" were loved and hated on many levels.....I think the nickname was apt for the pilots description of all the cockpits luxuries:rolleyes: . Setting the TFR to "Hard" (how hard and fast it followed the terrain) was apparently a bruising as well as mind numbing experience. There is not yet another fighter to be built that has the range, speed and payload of the "Pig", with speed being major factor. The F111C could competently outrun anything on the planet.

thehose

Occupation
Funeral Industry
Since we're talking about birds I can share.

I worked on F14 Tomcats for 8 years in the Navy!!! And I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I'm looking for some pics to post up.

thehose

Occupation
Funeral Industry
I was a VF-11 Red Ripper on the John F. Kennedy and Forrestal. (the boar and shield)

My sister squadron was VF-31 Tomcatters (Orange tail) and my cousin is a Senior Chief with them right now. They were the last F14 squadron and flew the last 10 planes in to e retired this past summer. They just picked up
F18's just a couple months ago.

(I have all of the pics in paper version). A bunch from night time, going through the suez canal and stuff like that. Well and actually some topless beaches over in France too. But that’s a different kind of heavy equipment forum.

f14446.jpg

This is over the Virginia coast
f14361.jpg

This is in Cali (Miramar)
f14070.jpg

This below is VF31
f14069.jpg

f14320.jpg

Demoguy324

Occupation
Operating engineer, Local 701, Specializing in scr
If any of you have seen the making of videos for the TV show Lost, there is a scene where a Hitachi (Ex200 I believe) with a shear is used to tear apart the plane for the crash scene. pretty cool.

Eric

exMKguy

Occupation
Proj Mgr, Demolition, nuclear,
regarding the original picture

Just doesnt seem like a fair fight!

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
According to the registration lettering the plane was registered in New Zealand... must be mad about being eliminated from the Rugby World Cup;)

I'm not shure but, i think the trackloader is a little bit to large to ride on the back of this airplane :falldownlaugh

nice pics!!