• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help with JLG 600A control module

fac169

Occupation
staY at home mom unpaid ,mechanic?
My husband acquired a 2007 JLG 600A. We had to get a new platform control. Turns out the software versions were different so we had a serviceman come over to download the software. Well now they're saying that the control module won't work with our machine. The platform control came off a 800A, and after checking the newer control modules are less than half the price than the one I need. Does any one know of any cheaper solutions $1200 is a little much right now, We got a unit that had been damaged in a fire and the cost has been a little more than we bargained for.. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

barklee

I would try calling hindley electronics 419-352-7110 or equipment parts wholesale 559-497-0998
Also, you might try looking on machinery trader at the dismantled machines or parts. Ebay is another good place if you have the time to look everyday.
We have put together about 10 wrecked machines now. They can be a real crap shoot, so i know what you mean when you say that it is overrunning the budget..... Good luck

fac169

Occupation
I saw ebay sold one last week for $260, Just found out I needed it , my ground control is without UGM and the platform is with UGM. I'll
checkout Hindley electronics I've run across their site a few times. Thanks I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me.

fac169

Occupation
Help needed with 2007 JLG 600A, or a mental institution for me!

My husband bought this headache in an auction and I think if it takes much longer to get going my brain will be mush. I am in charge of finding and reading and also remembering anything I can find on these lifts. Any help I can get would be appreciated. We have a 2007 JLG 600A GM 3.0L dual fuel. Had it running but the only function was main boom lift. Now it turns over but won't start, getting an engine coolant temp reading of 242F when we take out the ecm power fuse it shows normal but put it back in and its back at 242. Also getting Canbus failure(666)engine controller log 437 , Running at cutback-out of transport position, Running at creep creep switch open. I'm sure there's more butt thats what we're trying to get past now. Is there any way to clear the DTC's? I really don't understand alot of how it all works but I have read every manual available, for our machine and about 20 others. I want this thing going so I can read something besides service manuals and wiring schematics.

fac169

Occupation
Can anybody help me figure out which rexroth valve goes where and which ones should be where on the block. The jlg part# is not on the valves. Its a 2007 600A dual fuel GM engine. I'd appreciate any help I could get. I See a divorce in our future if we don't get this figured out.

bobb

Occupation
Mechanic
in my estimation, if you are not a good mechanic you had better have a ton of patience and understanding. these machines are not for the masses to work on. they have tons of (could go wrong) situations. how much of what you posted do you understand? do you have a jlg magic box? its been awhile since ive worked on these but i used to be fairly good at it. have patience and take notes as you have been doing. canbus is the two wires that are wrapped around each other. they go from the ground control box to the platform control box. a canbus failure does not always mean the cable has failed. the valves have very long numbers as you have found out. if you look real good some of them are the same. how much fire damage was there? did someone else try to fix it?