• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help With Greasing Pivot Point on Cat D4C II

dsutt

Hi all - I'm new here and also to the 91' D4C II dozer that I just bought. Looking at the grease points around the machine, there are several that do not have zerks. They appear to be grease ports where you would expect a zerk, but they are not tapped to accept a zerk. If the zerk got broken off somehow, I'd expect the body of it to still be stuck in the port, but nothing is there. Are these to be greased by a pointy nozzle of some sort? I attached a pic of the end of a lift rod showing the port.
Thanks - Dan

Attachments

• lift arm joint..jpg
    lift arm joint..jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 6

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
No that's not a grease point, it's actually a machining location for the cylinder rod. Post a Serial Number to identify exactly where the greased fittings are located on your tractor. FYI it would pay you to get an Operation/Maintenance Manuak for it.

Tyler d4c

There is 4 grease points on that blade 2 where the c frame pin to the cross bar and 2 on the tilt cylinder.
17149521568034801987180542503720.jpg

Welder Dave

I recall there were some machines that didn't have grease fittings where you'd normally expect them.