• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help with a Hyster

MrBear

Friday I picked up a 1999 Hyster 155XL, LP with a GM Vortec V6. Anyone familiar with this engine? When ordering parts, can I just go to local auto parts stores for the basics? I was on Rockauto.com (searched for a 1998/1999 Chevy S10, 4.3L) to order an alternator, plugs, wires, cap & rotor. I just want to make sure before I order everything.

Thanks,
Bear

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
May not be without exception, but what I've found on GM engines in a Hyster is the engine components are common GM parts that can be obtained at auto parts store.

icestationzebra

I would just make sure to use the same plugs you already have. I think LP engines run a different heat range than gas. Be careful routing the wires as the compartments are pretty tight and will bake a wire fast.

FYI - as far as the internal parts go I'm pretty sure the exhaust valves are different and I think they also use valve rotators.

ISZ