• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help required with hydraulics

NiallJCB

My digger, a 1997 Sumitomo Sh60-2 had old hammer lines on it when I bought it, I removed these when I bought it as some of the connecting hoses were perished on the boom.

I am now looking into putting these back on possibly and getting a hydraulic quick hitch for it and looking into the possibility of running a hydraulic tilt bucket.

However I have been told previously that it was not possible to achieve either of these with single flow hydraulics.

However now I know a friend of mine with the same machine that has a hydraulic quick hitch so it is possible with this machine.

TL:DR- want hydraulic tilt bucket is it possible with single flow or can you change the hydraulic flow type on these machines.

Cheers

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Odds are you are simply plumbed in on one side of the option spool. Follow the lines back to their source. If they end up at valve, should be simple. If one side goes back to tank, you'll have to add some stuff. Attach some pics for better answers.
How is your option controlled? Foot pedal, joystick, thumb slide?

NiallJCB

Odds are you are simply plumbed in on one side of the option spool. Follow the lines back to their source. If they end up at valve, should be simple. If one side goes back to tank, you'll have to add some stuff. Attach some pics for better answers.
How is your option controlled? Foot pedal, joystick, thumb slide?
The hammer was controlled by a foot pedal, I’ll get some photos tomorrow.
It’s more or less whether or not I could run a tilt bucket attachment with single flow hydraulic

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Single direction flow, no. It won't work. If you want something to go back and forth, side to side or CW/CCW you're going to need bi-directional flow and control. Looking forward to the pics.