• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help quick just got home & kid stuck in 247B with bucket up right joystick inop

dragracer5256

seriously, please advise, door wont open. Whats up with thing back glass tough to get out? Anyone know most common problem with inop right stick

Thanks

Lee-online

The rear window opens by pulling the ring so it pops out the seal. the window can then be removed.

The loader arms can be lowered by pulling the red handle on the right side of the seat or by turning the valve in the engine compartment depending on your machine.

dragracer5256

Found valve in rear. Thanks a bunch. Now can anyone give me some advice on this inop r/h joystick? Tried unhooking battery, bouncing rig around, recycling lap bar, door, and brake release, no help. It must be seeing these switches because machine tracks around. Switched relays below seat and taped on synoids in r/h engine compartment. No help. Not real familier with this rig any help would be much appreciated.

As always thanks for any help

cartzblown94z

does it give codes or have and fuses to check? i havent messed with one before but start with the basics. do you have any kind of manual that might help out too??

dragracer5256

Ive got nothing on this rig, dont even know where to look for codes. Not my rig just use it from time to time along with a few other guys & im the mechanic so i usualy get the problems. I just havent had to get into this thing yet but its getting older so I better learn. Im told cat is very tight with info on these so I hope someone can give me a little help. I dont even know which sylnoid computer controls to disable hydraulics. Thinking I could go there first & check for voltage, but which one is it? Need to use this thing this weekend on rental house so hopeing I can figure out asap. Got to be a good cat guy on here somewhere.

Thx

heavylift

we had a 247 that when the sticks quit working they would change the sticks, but that was after they check it with the computer.

I think a display should flash codes up by the key, some where there is a display that shows the code.

cartzblown94z

cat is tight on ifo it seems and the service manuals are thru the roof to buy. try the basics, seat belt switch bypass and pulldown bar bypass, my gehl did the same thing and it was the seatbelt switch. it would drive but i wouldnt allow use of the bucket and boom

that would make even more sense if it was one of those since its not flashing a code or something

dragracer5256

From memory, this particular rig won`t move or lift if any of the failsafe`s arn`t complete. Don`t know if there dual pole swiches though, (meaning that the door could close and make circut for traction but not lift). Pulled joystick boot up and no electric there just pushdown pins that the joystick contacts when moved. Hydro lines coming off bottom of body. Definatly no pressure in system. Got to be disabled by whatever sylnoid controls hyd. Thanks

cartzblown94z

yeah the joysticks wont have issues they are pretty bulletproof on those, find the 2 solenoids that control flow to the boom and bucket and jump them out one or both and look for movement its quick and easy to do, or bypass the safety crap in the cab, either way more than likely the safety crap is the culprit, i know its not the wisest thing but i got rid off all the switches in the gehl too many problems and too exspensive, but then again i am the only person that uses it period

Lee-online

If your machine has a hyd lock out switch, maybe it was flipped. Normally on the upper right.

Does it drive, because if it does then the interlocks are working. If there is a problem with the interlocks then the indicators for armrest and/or park brake will flash.

Tulp

I have a 287b and if the door is not shut tight the the right joystick will stop workin but the left one still works (will still travel). When this happens there are no lights on or codes flashing.Try jumping the door switch.

dragracer5256

tlup right on

It was the door switch. Guess I was wrong when i said it wouldn`t track with door open. Looks as if that switch is all that controls hyd. Thanks again, that what makes this site so great.