• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help operating a Hydro-Ax 670

Tony Wells

Occupation
HogZilla Keeper
Did you get the cab lock pins figured out? Once I found the "open" position on mine I took a centerpunch and made some index marks.

Grestil

I did notice the notches in them and I think I have them clocked correctly, but the cab still wont budge. I may have them in the wrong position. I no longer need access to the battery so that's on the back burner. Now I just need to learn how to operate it and figure out if the lack of mulcher function is operator error or if there's actually a fault.

Grestil

I can tell today isn't monday. The hydro axe works fine if you know how to operate it. Thanks for trying to help Mr Wells. Push the buttons and play with the levers until it starts coochin!

Oh, and safety first!

Tony Wells

Occupation
HogZilla Keeper
Yeah those disconnects can be such a bother. And they can save your tail. Once you get used to them, you'll be fine. I add them to any machine I work on that doesn't have one. And I make up a little label to put near the ignition key when possible as a reminder (or informer) for the users. I'm confident that it has saved a few batteries and perhaps even a few machines over some time. I'd venture to say that a recent machine fire we had (a Diamond Z grinder) would most likely have been avoided had the operator used the disconnect. They did not, and we nearly lost the machine.

Glad you got it going! Now the fun begins. I'm sorry I can't give you operating pointers. I ran ours only a little for testing. We have a couple of good hands who are pretty good with woods machinery, and they take care of the use of them. About the only thing I can say is that you should always use low gear for actually cutting and bunching. High gear is only meant for roading. But if you find the books on it, it's in there.

Last edited: