• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help on selling a hooklift truck

Seymour

Occupation
Constructing Landscapes
Hi guys,
I work for this company and they gave me the assignment to sell their hooklift truck.
I would like you to give me some options of how or where to sell this truck.
Any suggestions are welcomed!!

I am located in Vancouver, Canada
I posted for sale on Craigslist and autotrader, any other options?

The specifications of this truck are as followed:

We are selling our hooklift truck. It's been a great unit and is all ready to roll.

NOTE: Lease finance option available. It does not include the 16' bin (16'x8') with 6 D-ring tie-downs.
If you are interested in the bin add $2,000 more to the price.

Hooklift is:
-2011 Multilift XR7S Hooklift system (16,000 lb)
-Installed at Falcon Equipment last May.

Mounted on:
-1999 GMC T7500
-CAT 3126 engine and Allison Auto transmission
-Just inspected (new MVI)
-Custom aluminum bumper ($3000 new)
-New brakes and rotors on front end.
-Just serviced (oil and fuel filters changed)
-2" hitch receiver
-heated mirrors
-electric brake controller
-telescoping pioneer tarp system
-Buyers steel toolbox mounted on frame

Truck runs great and it's priced for a quick sale.

Thank you for your comments & suggestions!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Seymour.

Usually us Mods will move a for sale item posted in the regular Forums to the "Equipment for Sale/Wanted" forum. The "For Sale/Wanted" forum was created to allow members to advertise their own equipment for sale, no dealers or broker listings allowed.:cool2 The "For Sale/Wanted" forum only allows the original author of the thread to post replies as we would rather price and buying negotiations take place through PM or email, etc. Basically not turning the Forums into a For Sale site. Since you own or work for the company selling the vehicle, this would be the normal route to move this thread to that part of the Forums.

That being said, this is a little different animal in the fact you are asking for advice on where to advertise this truck and I did take notice that you did not list a sales price.;) Let's see where this thread goes and I ask future posters to refrain from asking about purchase price, negotiations, etc. If anyone is interested use the PM function, let's keep this thread topic about marketing used trucks and equipment.

Back to the question. I would list it on Truck Paper and Rock and Dirt as well. These publications both have a huge web presence and a print media that reaches a lot of potential buyers. I have sold a few trucks and pieces of yellow iron using Truck Paper and Machinery Trader - all were out of state buyers.;)

Seymour

Occupation
Constructing Landscapes
Hi guys!
Thank you for all the advice and options, I didn't know that there is a "sale/wanted forum", I will look for it.
Regarding Truck Paper, do you recommend to do the free ad option or is it better to pay for the package they have?
Also, how secure it is to do transactions with buyers from out of country?
About Machinery trader, I tried to post an ad with them but they asked me to fax them some info from the company I am working for and because their fax number was on France I didn't know if to trust them or not.
Thanks!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Machinery Trader and Truck Paper is the same entity. When I advertised my stuff on the two sites I had a live human account rep that set up our paid ads. Something's not right about the fax number being in France, probably a good idea you didn't send any info.:cool2

I have an account set up on both sites that allow you to saved items of interest and such. When I go to the site is says Hi CM, welcome blah, blah in the upper left hand corner. The accounts are free.

Also there is a Canadian version called marketbook.ca that is run by the same folks. Damn I sound like a spammer.:rolleyes: Seriously I have had good luck with these media outlets selling iron and trucks.

KYLE CEM

Phone Cal at 1-403-870-1414 he will help you for sure! this guy moves these babies all the time! He is from Calgary, AB. Canada

KYLE CEM

Phone Calvin at (mod edit) he will help you sell this- He is from Calgary, AB. Canada

Mod edit - We don't allow posting of third party contact information due to privacy issues of the third party.

Last edited by a moderator:

KYLE CEM

Also....how do I post a private msg? My profile won't let me look at anyone else's profile....not even my own. I tried replying both at the bottom of the thread.... and the bottom of the page- did this work?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Also....how do I post a private msg? My profile won't let me look at anyone else's profile....not even my own. I tried replying both at the bottom of the thread.... and the bottom of the page- did this work?

You will not have PM privilege until you are promoted to Junior Member, which you are now. Did you try to PM prior to being promoted? You should have full privileges now. As far as replying to the thread, you got it.

KYLE CEM

I tried the bottom of the screen first "Reply to Thread" now i Replied to your msg on the bottom right corner of your response to me. Is this a private msg now? Thanks for the upgrade.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I tried the bottom of the screen first "Reply to Thread" now i Replied to your msg on the bottom right corner of your response to me. Is this a private msg now? Thanks for the upgrade.

Just click on the username and 4 options show up - View Profile, View posts, send email or send private message. Choose which one you want and it will take you to that screen.

The Reply to Thread button is what you clicked to reply to this thread, which was successful.

Oxbow

I don't think this breaks any forum rules- there is a company in your area called International Machinery that may be able to help you (consignment?).