• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help needed with CTL concrete mixer purchase

Legdoc

Good afternoon from South Texas
I am in the market for a CTL concrete mixer. I have been researching the auger/mixing bucket types on YouTube but there is little info available. I will be utilizing it with 80 lb bags. Anyone with experience with this setup? All advice is appreciated.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
I have watched a bunch-o videos on you-toob with these:
1. No way can anyone scoop up the ingredients and get the right proportions.
As you indicated, someone is gonna heave a bag in, might be best to stack the
bags on a high table (using forks on skidsteer before hand) so "heaver" can
just flop them down onto grating. Ideally you could park under a supersack or hopper.

2. Some show a person (the aforementioned "Bag heaver") having to reach down
in when running,(very dangerous) with a shovel to "help" the mixing.

Some appear to mix well "hands off".

3. None I have seen, address the water other than a handy garden hose. A real cement mixer
has a calibrated tank, dump in ingredients, dump tank in as well, very repeatable.

f311fr1

I have a Scoop and Go mixer from Star Attachments in Texas. You need a heaver and a garden hose. I modified mine with a electric diverter valve and cylinder to operate the door. The stock hand operated opening lever was very frustrating and required a 2 lb hammer sometimes. I also had to add some steel reinforcing bars to the door side to prevent the side of the hopper from flexing from the door cylinder. Now it works great. You must clean it out spic and span.