• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HELP- Need Source for pump or rebuild kit pc50 uu 2

707pc50

The hydraulic pump on my pc50uu2 komatsu excavator has wore out bearings. My mechanic buddy says he can rebuild if we get the bearings and o rings but have no idea where to get them. Komatsu doesn't offer a rebuild kit weve been told, and dealer told us they don't have the pump and have no idea when they will be able to get it. They quoted 2600$ after core refund for teh pump, just dont know when it will be available.

The numbers off the pump are as follows:
705-41-08090
ZENOAH
SBR14+14+9
SSPF

Machine serial number is 11850, I believe it is a mid 90s grey market machine.

Any ideas on where to get a pump or rebuild kit or the bearings and o rings would be very helpfull thanks for the help.

707pc50

Did a quick google search, found some chinease made pumps, any input on these seem way cheaper then form dealer, but in stock atleast and could get back to work.

707pc50

tried to look into these "straight from china" pumps that match up to my part number and pop up on the google search but cant even find a way to order them? Every link leads me to a page in chinese? I thought reading the instructions on the side of my grey market excavator was hard enough now trying to order parts from a chinease website...uhhg

707pc50

cool thanks I sent some emails, well see what I find, any other sources would be appreciated.

lantraxco

I deal with a fair number of Chinese companies, order direct from China for a variety of items. I gotta tell you, it's buyer beware. I have never ordered anything and not gotten product for my money, but the quality can vary GREATLY and just because they say it matches your part number doesn't mean it will bolt up and work as required. I sell parts as part of my business, so I do enough volume I can take chances now and then, I would NOT recommend it for a single part purchase. By the way, with rare exception air freight will always be more than you pay for the part.

Find a vendor stateside that has an aftermarket pump assembly for a decent price, at least you'll have a phone number, address, and an english speaking person to call if you have any problems. OR, use that link for the parts pages, I don't know if all the internal bits are actually available, but at least there's part numbers for all of them.

:my2c

707pc50

Thanks for that, you basically summed up what my concerns are. I have spent last couple hours looking online and havent come up with any stateside dealer of an aftermarket pump, if anyone has any ideas of who to check with that would be great. I have checked with other komatsu dealers and am getting the same answer no pump available from komatsu US

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
I agree.
However in this situation there are no quality aftermarket pumps for this machine.
There is only one company in China that I will buy hydraulic components from and they do not offer this unit.
A PC40-7 takes the same pump.
good luck

lantraxco

This is a bushing pump, IF you really only need bushings and seals, here's the list, two types of bushings but common to all three section:

X1 705-40-80810 Shaft seal
X6 705-40-80610 Bushing
X6 705-40-80620 Bushing
X6 705-40-80760 Seal
X2 705-40-80660 Seal

Might backorder at your dealer, but it's only about five hundred bucks worth of pieces even from Kommie world.

I see H&R has some of these....

707pc50

thanks, I will relay this to my mechanic buddy. Can you guys give any advice related to determining if it is "realy only the bushings"? He said the gears just started to wear into the case but not bad at all. Is this wear something we could get a machine shop to build up with a tig welder and machine smooth? The only pump I have found is from a place that can have it made in Italy but it is expensive and will take up to 180 days to get to me. This is a older machine I don't want to put a ton of money into. Thanks for all the help.

This is a bushing pump, IF you really only need bushings and seals, here's the list, two types of bushings but common to all three section:

X1 705-40-80810 Shaft seal
X6 705-40-80610 Bushing
X6 705-40-80620 Bushing
X6 705-40-80760 Seal
X2 705-40-80660 Seal

Might backorder at your dealer, but it's only about five hundred bucks worth of pieces even from Kommie world.

I see H&R has some of these....

lantraxco

If the end plates need replacing, they're about $75 each, the two main section gear housings are less than $200 each. The rear section oddly enough that slice of aluminum is like $240. YMMV at your dealer. If the gears and shaft areas are good, inspect closely, order what you need and rebuild it. I'm checking part numbers at Anderson's, they have an online Komatsu parts database. I am assuming that these parts will actually be available in Japan at worst, as they state backorder for most of them, and not obsolete or no longer available.

Just fYI, I wouldn't try to weld and machine those housings, unless it was a real emergency.

707pc50

ok sweet thanks
I did just get this reply from one of the chinese outfits:

"Dear Sir,
Thanks a lot for your enquiry for PC50UU-2 hydraulic pump,
Our enquiry to you as below:

705-41-08090
ZENOAH
SBR14+14+9
SSPF

EXW USD 789
DHL USD 135
Because this pump is available, so one or two day prepare after get payment.
Attached is photoes,
If you are interested, Pls let me now.
Best regards.
Yue

Apex Sky Construction Machinery Co., Ltd
Tel: +86-0-18660414910
E-mail: daewoo-doosan@163.com
Add: Hi-Tech Industrial Park, Changqing District, Jinan 250022, China
MSN: fangyue@ymail.com
www.daewoo-doosan.com"

707pc50

3 pictures were attatched I cant figure out how to upload here, I would have to grab the pump and try to compare as much as possible, but wondering if this is a company anyone has any experience with?

fourwheelinj1

Occupation
Project Manager
707pc50 what did you end up doing about your pump. I am looking at a pc75uu and I am being told that the pumps are available through Komatsu but they are 14k. I am hoping there is another decent alternative out there.

707pc50

We bought a new pump from one of the chinease outfits off alibaba, the new pump **** the bed shortly there after. Ended up piecing together the guts from the new pump and the old pump to make a working pump, it worked fine. Took the machine to auction cause I was sick of working on it, got a low hour bobcat 331, couldn't be happier.

fourwheelinj1

Occupation
Project Manager
How many hours did you have on your machine when the pump failed. I am looking to buy an older pc75uu and the lack of an affordable replacement pump has me nervous.

lantraxco

Lots of Chinese stuff out there, some maybe okay, most not. Friend in the hydraulic repair business brought in some Chinese pump parts for a customer job where the original parts were no longer available. He said neither pump made it off the test stand, the first one failed as soon as he brought the pressure up, the second one lasted maybe five minutes. Not komatsu stuff, just speaking generically.