• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Me Find A Door For My 14E

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
I need a left hand door for my "new" grader. I have called all the advertised equipment salvage people and I am not having any luck so far.
The original part #2D3746
Last part #6D6604
Opening for door is about 25 1/4 X 63 1/4
Grader serial #12K01887 1972 14E

Attachments

• 14E grader 004.jpg
    14E grader 004.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,100
  • 14E grader 005.jpg
    14E grader 005.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,110

whiteline

I dont know if they carry it but go to your local Cat dealer i just sold my 112 cat grader with gas putt motor and our cat dealership here could get all the parts i inquired about especially since you have the serial # just take it there and you never know

Last edited:

Komatsu 150

I've been trying for years to find a good door for my 12. Very tough. The last time I checked it was still available from Cat For $1400.00 as a bare shell, that is no hinge, latch, glass or paint. It looks like it might be the same door.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
go to machinerytrader.com parts section and punch in the number. I am sure it will bring up something. A door from any Cat No. 14 should work except for the G series and up.

gravey

Occupation
farmer
cletus

may be it's time to fire up the welder and build one. Just had glass put in a door cost 290.00

Cheers Gravey

Cletus

Occupation
It's A Needle In A Haystack!

I've been a customer of NC Cat for almost 40 years and now when I walk in the door the parts dept LOL :beatsme
I am always asking for a discontinued (obsolete) part!
I am amazed at what they can still get. They thought they found a door but it was to short. I have exausted the US & Finning Cat resourses first. That was Nov & Dec 2010.
Then I started calling all the Equipment Trader leads and other internet leads but no one had a cab let alone a door. If any of them had a complete cab I would probably buy it. One salvage fella said $1500 for the cab if he had one.
Florin in Sacramento found some light brackets for me. They almost always have what I need.
I've been getting Cat Classic parts also for this machine.
So what I do now is keep a sharp eye out! On my travels around the west this winter I stop anywhere I see some old Iron and use my binoculars to spot a 14E maybey!Very elusive!
My favorite fab shop will make one in the spring.He will spend less time making a new one than I have spent looking for one, that is for sure!:Banghead
Shoot,I found this one this weekend! 1K140S.P. If you know where this grader is I know you swill beer:D
Parker, AZ 001.jpg

Diagonal Brace

Hello. You could try our local salvage yard; Cambrian Equipment here in Winnipeg 204 667 2867. They have a little bit of everything.
Good luck. If you have the right hand door it shouldnt be that hard to make another one.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
I'm must be getting old but that looks like the area northwest of Tucson AZ around the old Silver Bell Mine

Cletus

Occupation
Close Enough!

:D Parker, AZ at the Desert Bar at the old Nellie B mine. :beerchug

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
I need a left hand door for my "new" grader. I have called all the advertised equipment salvage people and I am not having any luck so far.
The original part #2D3746
Last part #6D6604
Opening for door is about 25 1/4 X 63 1/4
Grader serial #12K01887 1972 14E

Cletus: did you check out the post on the Old Iron section on 12-29-10 called Old Equipment Wrecking Yard they may have what you are looking for. They are located near Boise ID

jwar100

Occupation
Dirt contractor
contact rays used equipment in nocona, tx. They should have what u need. Ask for Robin he will help ya out !!!

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Just go to a builders supply and get a sheet of plywood and some plexiglass.Barn door hinges and latch.

Cletus

Occupation
2stickbill, I can tell buy your truck that you would never settle for a fix like that!
I will fab a door in the spring and post a picture.
You are a man after my heart with that signature.
I have a LW900 Kenworth with a 400 HP 3406 with 6" staight pipes, 6X4. My faverite cigar, Macanudo Maduro or Rocky Patel "EL President'e":cool2

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
2stickbill, I can tell buy your truck that you would never settle for a fix like that!
I will fab a door in the spring and post a picture.
You are a man after my heart with that signature.
I have a LW900 Kenworth with a 400 HP 3406 with 6" straight pipes, 6X4. My favorite cigar, Macanudo Maduro or Rocky Patel "EL President'e":cool2
No I wouldn't go for that fix unless it was winter time.When it is very cold I'll do anything to keep the cold out till I find the right door.
I drove a Pete with a 400 Cummins and 5X4 with Jake and 6inch straights.Loud enough to wake the dead with a D8R and Jake talking.
The one in the pic had a 475 C15 twin Turbos and 18 speed.I like the 5X4 better.As for Cigars I have tried a lot of different ones.Cheap ones no good.Real good ones cost to much so I stick with the middle ones.lol.
The CAT in the pic was a D8T.I didn't even use the extra axle.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
http://www.tractorparts.com/ Try this guy.I see a lot os 12s but no 14s.But he might have one are can hook you up.Holt Cat has a used parts program their web site is easy to find.Some of these people will help you find one if they don't have it.

Mud duck

Nice lookin ol blade. I had one that I sold to a guy up the road when the engine started needing more than I wanted to put into it.he bought it, ran some kind of huck pucky through it to slow the oil from migrating to the coolant, & ran it for a while. I saw him working on it at a job the other day. Maybe it's finally done, he might have a door and a whole lot more for sale in NW WA. I did love that blade though, good luck.

Cletus

Occupation
http://www.tractorparts.com/ Try this guy.I see a lot os 12s but no 14s.But he might have one are can hook you up.Holt Cat has a used parts program their web site is easy to find.Some of these people will help you find one if they don't have it.
I talked to tractor parts last month and although their online parts said they had a door the parts woman said that database is 10 or 12 years old and they use a totaly different system. They have'nt had a 14 for a long time. My NC CAT dealer in Alaska finds me parts but no luck on this door. Finning also no luck. Florin in Sacramento has lots of parts, I got some light brackets and seals from them.

Cletus

Occupation
No I wouldn't go for that fix unless it was winter time.When it is very cold I'll do anything to keep the cold out till I find the right door.
I drove a Pete with a 400 Cummins and 5X4 with Jake and 6inch straights.Loud enough to wake the dead with a D8R and Jake talking.
The one in the pic had a 475 C15 twin Turbos and 18 speed.I like the 5X4 better.As for Cigars I have tried a lot of different ones.Cheap ones no good.Real good ones cost to much so I stick with the middle ones.lol.
The CAT in the pic was a D8T.I didn't even use the extra axle.
My fix for cold is, I stay in Palm Springs untill it is warmer in Alaska. Golf clubs and Harley handlebars in winter, levers and wrenches in summer:)
My avatar dumptruck has a 475 C-15 18 speed.
I traded a 1/2 gallon of Crown Royal for the 6" stacks on my "Hobby Truck". They were to loud for his 400 Cummins!
Look at www.cheapercigars.com

Last edited:

Cletus

Occupation
Nice lookin ol blade. I had one that I sold to a guy up the road when the engine started needing more than I wanted to put into it.he bought it, ran some kind of huck pucky through it to slow the oil from migrating to the coolant, & ran it for a while. I saw him working on it at a job the other day. Maybe it's finally done, he might have a door and a whole lot more for sale in NW WA. I did love that blade though, good luck.
I ran a 14E on the Trans Alaska Pipeline,night shift, in the early 70's and this one reminded me of those days. The real blademen had the new 14G's. I was very happy to get off my 641.
This blade has been sitting for 11 years. They rebuilt the 3306 then blew a gear in the tranny so there it sat.Was yours a standard transmision.
I will be transiting Bellingham to catch the ferry so would defenitly be interested in looking at your old blade.

Attachments

• 14E grader 008.jpg
    14E grader 008.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 570