• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tfphill

I have a 2016 kubota svl95-2s. I am experiencing a severe diesel knock sound and black smoke. When scan took is connected I am getting error code P3019 which is fuel pump calibration required.

I an unable to get the pump calibrated the scan tool software just shows that swirly circle going for at least 15 minutes and nothing.

I noticed that the fuel temperature reading shows -40 deg C.
Contacted the dealer and they said this machine does not carry a fuel temperature sensor and the reading is a constant and if I can not get it to calibrate it is because of a faulty injector pump or ECU.

On the calibration screen it shows that the fuel temp should be between 20 to 60deg C.

I have attached pictures of the screen and values of parimeters.

I am lost and believe there should be a fuel temp sensor.
Can anyone point me in the right direction and confirm if there is a fuel temp sensor or not.

Attachments

• 865ECBCD-D6E9-4795-86F1-159216C11CF3.jpeg
    865ECBCD-D6E9-4795-86F1-159216C11CF3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 9CA9A4FC-77F7-45EB-8356-95892BA694B5.jpeg
    9CA9A4FC-77F7-45EB-8356-95892BA694B5.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 8
  • E4A84110-6B51-477F-A7B8-0D3F7C843028.jpeg
    E4A84110-6B51-477F-A7B8-0D3F7C843028.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 8F8EF87C-A025-4B7D-BE68-C9CED925AF8F.jpeg
    8F8EF87C-A025-4B7D-BE68-C9CED925AF8F.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7

Txhayseed

You should have a fuel temp sensor on pressure pump. The should be the FCA/IMV same thing and a fuel temp sensor right next to it. As far as failure to calibrate that could be multiple issues.

Tfphill

The version of this v3800 tier 4 engine does not have a a temperature sensor in the pump. It only has a suction control valve in it. I removed the common rail because it had two sensors in it thinking that one was pressure and the other temp. However it looks like one is temperature and the other is a fuel pressure regulator.
I think it is going to be an injector issue since it started with a slight diesel knock and now it is knocking at all rpm range.
The fuel pump is supplying the correct amount of fuel so shouldn’t be that.

I believe injectors are dribbling or injecting too much fuel.

just purchased 4 new injectors because you can not get demon or test these injectors or even purchase new tips sines sensor only manufactures them for kubota.

will install and update post with results next week.

Tfphill

Installed new injectors and same thing. Same diesel knock. Looks as though it is just the fuel pump that needs to be calibrated.

I can not seem to get pump calibrated because we need to meet the fuel temp range of 20-60 deg Celsius.

we are not getting a fuel temp reading. I would like to know if anyone has a fuel temp reading on their working kubota svl95?

I am not sure if the texa scan tool is not capable of calibrating this machine because it is seeing the fuel temp that should not be there because this sensor does not exhaust on this machine.

Attachments

• A2BA9F69-D982-4C5A-A40D-38BABD65690F.jpeg
    A2BA9F69-D982-4C5A-A40D-38BABD65690F.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 2FA86F93-3C04-46E8-A733-D304FCC77E9C.jpeg
    2FA86F93-3C04-46E8-A733-D304FCC77E9C.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 31E5773E-B3FB-4594-B1AA-8BC48E3A9B1D.jpeg
    31E5773E-B3FB-4594-B1AA-8BC48E3A9B1D.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 5
  • FE5D64C3-CF60-4BCD-878F-91B00C0F4162.jpeg
    FE5D64C3-CF60-4BCD-878F-91B00C0F4162.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 3

Mzook

Occupation
Shop Manager and Mechanic
Did you figure this out
I wish I would have seen it when you posted I ran across this problem twice now, what I do is take and put a 1k ohm resister in between pin A-74 and A-95 that will give you a fuel temp reading that will allow you to calibrate pump with the Texa Scan tool
The first time I wanted to calibrate a SVL95-2 I just couldnt so I thought might be that my texa unit cant do it till I started digging around and seen that they dont have a fuel temp sensor in the 95 so I thought to myself ok a sensor is just a resistor why not see if I can find the correct pins so I search around till I found the correct pinout for that ecu with temp sensor

Hope this helps in the future

ozarkag

Awesome! That's the kind of info we love to see. Trying to recall if Jaltest can calibrate those? I know we've done the 90-2, but those have the older style pump.

We have one that we are trying to complete pump calibration but fails every time. Using Diagmaster and it does not show fuel temp being required? Also have a E9400 on the display but no other codes other than the P3019 that can pull up with Diagmaster along with no throttle response. Where you all able to use the machines without calibrating the pump?

Mzook

Occupation
We have one that we are trying to complete pump calibration but fails every time. Using Diagmaster and it does not show fuel temp being required? Also have a E9400 on the display but no other codes other than the P3019 that can pull up with Diagmaster along with no throttle response. Where you all able to use the machines without calibrating the pump?
I had no throttle response, I also had the E9400 code
A question I have what caused the code to begin with?

Okay that is good to know. If I can get the pump to calibrate most llkely will get throttle response back and the 9400 code will clear. long story short helping the owner of the machine who put a reman engine in it himself along with a reman injection pump. He couldn’t get machine started after he did the work, I figured out the pump was out of time, and got machine running. Which has left me with the E9400 on display and P3019 code present in the computer.

Talked to another guy this evening that I will have to most likely retime the engine then time the pump back to it and it should complete calibration then. Going to try that in the morning.

Mzook

Occupation
Yes check your timing thats what my problem was the first time I came across that code the previous owner had not timed the injection pump when he put it back on

As soon as the calibration completes the E9400 code will go away and you will get your throttle response back

The E9400 is the same as the P3019 they just like to make it complicated for guys like me and you

HATCHEQUIP

kubota SVL95-2S
sounds like you fellas have already been up and down the creek on these I had one come in the shop that want run . No fuel out of the HP pump but plenty going in . Scv checks out MAs and appears to be working I think , you can see plunger pullsating in an out when cranking but shouldnt you have fuel coming out of the pump with scv removed

Kubota V3800-T
S/N 2GJ1082
Code 1J586-00000

Mzook

Occupation
kubota SVL95-2S
sounds like you fellas have already been up and down the creek on these I had one come in the shop that want run . No fuel out of the HP pump but plenty going in . Scv checks out MAs and appears to be working I think , you can see plunger pullsating in an out when cranking but shouldnt you have fuel coming out of the pump with scv removed

Kubota V3800-T
S/N 2GJ1082
Code 1J586-00000
I have a question was the pump replaced or when did this issue start?
The reason I ask if the pump was replaced there are couple of those pumps that look identical but they are different one rotates CW and the other CCW.

HATCHEQUIP

A good customer recommended us to one of his customers & so on & on . Any way a kubota SVL95-2S shows up on a rollback cranks but no start , hook it up and set it off with a crane . Story goes that a mechanic under a tree has told them that the pump is bad and has put metal thru complete fuel system . Machine had just shut down on job site . Machine was partially disassembled common rail , fuel lines and hoses , injectors unplugged , wiring , ac , informed customer that would have to reassemble a lot of this to start checking it out . Did this and have found that not getting fuel out of HP pump , getting it to it but not out of it . Pulled codes 026 027 communication codes current and 9115 about 20 hrs before shut down off dash , erased codes and they havent came back , wandering if 26 & 27 might have been thrown when it was being diagnosed . I dont have Kubota Diagmaster and we hadnt been planning on purchasing it as only work on botas rarely , but does this also work on Takeuchi ? We do get them in from time to time anywho customer called today and was asking about machine , told him where we were at and what we had found so far . Side note have read that if you do replace pump it has to be timed and programed to machine or vise a versa . Told customer it might have to go to dealer as I dont have the tooling for it and then he asked if i could get it as kubota want touch it as it has had some other work done in the distant past . Any ideas or thoughts on machine things to check and so on would be great and where to get the tooling and what would be the best , as it seems the best way for troubleshooting this

HATCHEQUIP

Machine was on job site and they were headed to refuel it when it Quit , some one on job started working on it , valve cover was removed and found injectors unhooked ,cover was back on , fuel rail , lines and other parts to get down that far in box . Cant tell if pump had been removed and reinstalled or not but it was still on the engine .

Mzook

Occupation
Something else I ran into was there is a little gear pump on the back of the injection pump if that one is bad it hard to get the high pressure to pump