• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help identify a Champion snow wing part

decee

What is this thing called and where can I get one in Ontario? It controls the movement of the snow wing. Apparently there are internal rams that are broken on this one and are not repairable.

Attachments

• Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 645
  • Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 619

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
I just know it as the rear wing valves and I would try jade equipment out of Edmonton I think they are still around and are one of the few that deal in older champion parts

Good luck

ledsel

Are you sure it is not just the solenoids? I see there is one wire unplugged. It would be pretty hard for it to have a broken shaft in it. What would break it? Could be just a speck of dirt making it stick.

Diagonal Brace

Champeen Winger

They get fouled by careless people stepping on them when climbing up to check the rad or clean the windows or hook up the safety chain. If you dont need the wing slide you can just swap them around to get the wing going up and down again. Been there. Could also try a different style valve altogether. Check your local hydraulic supply house or even Princess Auto

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
we got those valves from jade, they are a little pricey but they work. we keep our wires clean and protected plus keep the valve clean too. remember it gets covered in the road salt for some reason.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
i used to wrap bothe the front and back valves first with fiberglass insulation and then with a garbage bag and duct tape to keep everything warm and dry. It made a big difference in how they operated in the cold.

ledsel

i used to wrap bothe the front and back valves first with fiberglass insulation and then with a garbage bag and duct tape to keep everything warm and dry. It made a big difference in how they operated in the cold.

Yes and it keeps the sand and salt from the rear wheel off too.