• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help, I’m ac dumb.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
If it is the common Sanden compressor found everywhere it has an oil dipstick and their manual has instructions for reading level depending on mounting angle. Might be worth checking to see if it is overfull. I agree about the old time mechanics always adding 2oz of oil every time they change an o-ring or do anything. But I have not fixed a problem by doing this, just throwing it out there.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I replaced it last year. I remember it because on this machine and our 836H had their quick disconnect dryers and lines replaced by the old mechanic with the old stile “thread on.”
I wonder what the thought process was on that. We go the other way, machines that don't have quick-connect couplers on the dryer we replace them with QC simply to make replacing dryers easier. Either way, we would replace a dryer after a year of service, so by our standards that dryer is due for replacement. Not saying it's the cause of your problems though.

It would appear that the "old school seat of the pants" method as practised by your predecessor might have got you further into problems. Is this the time to suggest a full system evac, clean out the unknown qunatity of PAG oil you have in there, and start again..?

JD955SC

I wonder what the thought process was on that. We go the other way, machines that don't have quick-connect couplers on the dryer we replace them with QC simply to make replacing dryers easier. Either way, we would replace a dryer after a year of service, so by our standards that dryer is due for replacement. Not saying it's the cause of your problems though.

It would appear that the "old school seat of the pants" method as practised by your predecessor might have got you further into problems. Is this the time to suggest a full system evac, clean out the unknown qunatity of PAG oil you have in there, and start again..?

I agree with the cleanout and start from fresh. A/C is so touchy and aggravating sometimes it’s better to do everything possible to start with a clean slate

JohnnyCarcinogen

Occupation
Trash Monkey

As silly as it sounds, his thought process was that we already had one machine that used a particular part number dryer, and since the only difference in his opinion was the connections, we may as well only stock that same dryer. Since his retirement, I've cut back on what we keep on hand, because our dealer can almost always get us a part by the next morning, I don't see the need to have shelves and shelves of items that may not get used in a year or more. Don't get me started on what he did to a Komatsu 155 AC to cut back on costs.

I'm not going to reconvert the system, because I don't have that kind of time, I'm just going to roll with it. Home with a sick boy today, depending on what gets broken today, I'm going to get started on that D8 tomorrow. I'm sure that my shop will be filled up with mission critical equipment today because the boss is running some of it.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
OH NO! Not letting the boss run equipment are you? Miss one day and you will be spending till Thanksgiving trying to catch up!

Hope the sick boy is feeling better.