• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help..... Hydraulics giving me issues

rospaw

NH L783 skid steer. I've had this machine for 20 years for personal use around the house and helping out a neighbor or two. Well, while helping a 70 year old windower take her over grown privy bushes out i started losing power on the bucket. It whines/rattles while under light load but still operates but at 1/3 of the speed /power.. As soon as you shut it off and start it right back up it goes away, works fine for awhile then comes back after a little use. No leakes, fluids are all full. Not sure where to start looking for the issue. Any and all help would be great. Ross

Welder Dave

It sounds very much like when a fuel system has a blockage. Engine runs but struggles under load. Shut it off, some fuel gets through and it works properly until it plugs up again. When was the hyd. filter last changed? Not sure if your machine has a suction strainer in the tank but that could cause a problem as well. Also check the hyd. filler cap. Some have a small filter element to filter outside air going into the system. If it was plugged might cause oil starvation issues. Only other things I can think of is an air leak on the suction side of the pump or a hose is collapsing.

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
As Welder Dave said, I'd be checking fuel starving issues first. Already seen a couple come through this year with small inline filters buried down under the belly pan dirt clogged almost solid, and still enough debris to intermittently clog the fuel fitting from the tank.