• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help building a firewood processor

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
So I'm working on building a firewood processor from scratch... I need a hotrod chainsaw for dropping blocks. Anyone have one of those 250cc dirtbike motor powered chainsaws? Or know how to build them?

Last edited:

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
update - due to costs of bars and dirtbike motors, I looked into a large circular saws 4'+, and I scored a deal on a used 52" for $100 :) So now I guess I'll be using a large circular. According to youtube... 200x longer between sharpening, & no oiling the bar. Time will tell.

alco

One downside to running a large circular saw, is that if you manage to damage it, it's not a simple fix like changing out a chain. That being said, for the kind of price you mentioned, you can't really lose.

I'd really like to build a firewood processor some day, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get the time.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Well it s a b-8 style blade, 44 tooth. Replaceable keepers and bits, set up for rip cutting... might have to get a slasher blade thats set up for going cross grain, not sure yet.

fyrwood guy

Occupation
husqvarna chain saw dealer
carbide toothed circular saw is the way to go, i just replaced my teeth after hitting a bolt. i got 1250+ cords out of mine with no sharpening!!!

Last edited:

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Project is being drawn up in auto-cad now. Hopefully I'll have a complete materials list by the end of Jan. Target completion date is mid summer...

fyrwood guy

Occupation
husqvarna chain saw dealer
here's a close-up pic of my current saw blade.......it's the best one yet!

Attachments

• NIGHT 007 Large e-mail view Small Web view.jpg
    NIGHT 007 Large e-mail view Small Web view.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 903