• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Bobcat 863 no loader functions but good drive function

Seth runyon

Hello im new to this page looking for some help ...i just bought a bobcat 863 none running ..i have gat the deutz to run and the wheels to move and the wheels moved great but loader part was very weak ..so i took off charge pump ordered rebuild kit and rebuilt and re intalled ..now there was no function of loader at all ..so i most have not did something right on the rebuild i thought ..i bought a new charge pump took old one off again and put the new one on ..still no loader function hmm now im stumped ...and it does not put the motor on any kind of load all the lights come on and no codes appear .even hear a click when putting the set bar down ..its driving me nuts ..im no mechanic but i normally can figure out most things .and hydraulic fluid leaked all on solenoids under cab so could be electrical witch is my biggest weakness any body have any thoughts ..and the loader was scraped before i gat it so i dont have any information other than i found 863 on inside motor area ..everything else has rubed off

crewchief888

Is your seatbar and valve lights on?

Could you have dropped the splined adapter inside the pump between the hyd pump and hydrostat?

Seth runyon

Is your seatbar and valve lights on?

Could you have dropped the splined adapter inside the pump between the hyd pump and hydrostat?

Yep thats probably what i did because i had no idea there was a spline adaptor ...i took off pump and never seen anything come out with it or anything left behind so i just thought the 2 shafts touched and thats how it worked and didnt even think about a piece being missing that combined the 2 ...you probably just fixt my problem of the last 4 weeks in less than a hour thank u so much i will repost my findings soon as i get it back apart

crewchief888

I'm positive that pump setup has the adapter. Some hydrostatic pumps have an internal female spline that the hyd pump slips into, others have a spooned coupler that connects the hydrostat to the hyd pump

:eek:

Seth runyon

Have any idea how big it might
I'm positive that pump setup has the adapter. Some hydrostatic pumps have an internal female spline that the hyd pump slips into, others have a spooned coupler that connects the hydrostat to the hyd pump

Okay i remember the inside part that i could fill felt like splines on the shaft but i remember thinking they would probably bearly touch each other so makes sence that theres a piece i droped and didnt see ..its kinda tight in there and im not a little guy lol

Seth runyon

i just found the spline adaptor thing in the undercarriage looks like it would have made a pretty loud noise hitting the bottom idk why i didnt hear it drop ...i know this is probably a real rookie mistake but this is the 1st time iv tryed to change a pump on a skidsteer so i am deffantly a rookie ..im so very greatful for the help iv been at this for every off day for going on a month .. Im pretty shore this thing will do great now ..ill post again once shes back together waitin on the rain to let up now

crewchief888

since you are installing a new pump, you may want to check your main relief pressure before you put it back to work.