• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HELP 580 ck oils, where and what?

artieb

I'm trying to figure out what my 1966-71 Case 580ck with hyd shuttle, uses for trans oil, shuttle oil, and diff., are they the same? I want to replace all the fluids, and trying to be sure I get them all drained, and refilled. Which I don't know wheather to use AW32, AW68 or whatever is needed.

artieb

I have 4 fluids. 1) rear diff= gear lube, 2) shuttle = hy-trans, 3) power steering = hy-trans, and 4) loader / backhoe = hyd. oil or hy-trans. What does the loader / backhoe oil do in the shuttle?

sheepfoot

The 580ck takes 11 gal loader and backhoe TCH fluid, power/steering 1 Qt TCH, rear end with differential 135-H EP fluid 17 Qt, Torque tube TCH fluid 16 Qt. The hy-tran will work in the p/s, hyd system, torque/shuttle, and the rear end uses a SAE 85/140 API GL5 gear lube. Hy-tran like tch is a blend that will work in the trans systems/hyd systems/converter systems, with clutch packs that need extra additives unlike a straight say 10 wt hyd oil which would burn up most clutch pack systems. The loader/backhoe fluid is in the frame and does not mix with the shuttle.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Atrieb, I would advise you to be sure that you put tch in the tranny. Hytran is close but different and not at all what should be in there.

Tony H

Tinkerer, would you consider TCH to be better than Hytran.. what I mean is , Stumpjumper Says Hytran is close to TCH but not quite. Could I use TCH in my Hydra trni that calls for Hytran? Looking at the very brief Specs in those Luinks above.. seems like TCH is a 'Better than' fluid.